Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with sex after procedure

Options
  • 21-01-2013 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭

Hi Everyone.

I had my son 11 months ago and ended up having to have the Fentons Procedure in December, which is being cut and restitched following the birth.
    Its been nearly 6 weeks now, and we tried to have sex on Saturday but when he went in it was very painful. Any suggestions please on how to ease and get rid of the pain.. we havent done anything in over a year now and were really ready for the pain to be gone!!! Thank you :))

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

youandme13 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone.

I had my son 11 months ago and ended up having to have the Fentons Procedure in December, which is being cut and restitched following the birth.
    Its been nearly 6 weeks now, and we tried to have sex on Saturday but when he went in it was very painful. Any suggestions please on how to ease and get rid of the pain.. we havent done anything in over a year now and were really ready for the pain to be gone!!! Thank you :))

Did your surgeon give you any advice?

I've had a different but similar procedure. I was given a few bits of advice. For instance, start slowly, get comfortable with fingers etc before moving on to the main event. Preferably in different sessions so you're not feeling like it's looming.

Second piece of advice was to use lots and lots and lots of lubrication.
    The third thing was that the first time he enters you, both lie still and get used to it again. (My surgeon used the term "Quiet Vagina Method" which made me lol) And let that be it for that turn.

Your skin is bound to be tight still after the removal of the stitches. It can take a long time for those tidy scars to become fully soft again. Lots of lube (and dare I say, a glass of wine) will help in the mean time. It will get better though, honestly.

Advertisement