Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biscuits

Options
  • 20-01-2013 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭

Biscuits were always a treat we had perhaps once a week (if we were lucky) when I was a little lad. I like most biscuits to this day. I say most biscuits as I still do not like these modern HobNob things whether they are covered in chocolate or not, and I can not understand the popularity of Malted Milk biscuits.

My favourite was Custard Creams closely followed by Lincolns. I still on rare occasions buy a packet of Custard Creams. But there is no sign of Lincolns anywhere :(

The kids who work in the shops and supermarkets don't even know what you are on about anymore when you ask for them and look at you as if you are mad. :mad:

I WANT MY LINCOLNS!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lincoln_biscuit

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,121 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I like custard creams, but I lerrrrrrv malted milk!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

PS and what about Chocolate Dundee's YUMMY

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Marietta with butter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I'm not big into biscuits but himself was always fond of Rich Tea, especially for their dunkability!! :)

I don't buy Rich Tea as they have to be dunked really they are pretty awful (IMO) if you don't dunk them, and when you do they fall to bits in your cup.

I hate biscuits in your tea, they become a slimey blob of nastiness. Dunking biccies in a cold drink is not quite the same.

• Advertisement

The only really dunkable biscuits are ginger nuts, and you have to dunk them or break your teeth!

I'm gonna be the wet blanket with all the negatives on this thread - I hate Oreos!!! So there! :p What do our American cousins see in them?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Lemon Puffs.

or Burbon Creams.

Nope, definatly lemon puffs.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 VirginPrune

I'll have a Garribaldi please.

Hate Lemon Puffs too! :(

• Advertisement

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    *JAWDROP*

OldGoat wrote: »
    *JAWDROP*

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

When I was a little girl, my mam and I always had Lincoln creams and fanta for the night of the eurovision :) Its a tradition I kept going...its the small things that keep me happy :o

Rube! I can get Lincolns here. They dont taste as sweet but they still make them.

I love rich tea and butter and sometimes a proper choccie biccie.
    I agree with Rube on the Hob Nobs...cant stand them.

Lemon Puffs.

or Burbon Creams.

Nope, definatly lemon puffs.

I had forgotten all about lemon puffs. The way they stuck to the roof of your mouth and the taste. YUMMY. always needed a drink with them (Something cold and fizzy was good.)

Are ye mad woman? :pac: If we all had the same tastes it would be a very boring biscuit barrel. ;)
    Chucken wrote: »
    When I was a little girl, my mam and I always had Lincoln creams and fanta for the night of the eurovision :) Its a tradition I kept going...its the small things that keep me happy :o

Rube! I can get Lincolns here. They dont taste as sweet but they still make them.

I love rich tea and butter and sometimes a proper choccie biccie.

When I come over, Chucken get them Lincolns in and I will eat you out of house, home and biscuit box :D The old favourites are still the best in my honest opinion. HobNobs and Oreo's should be used for building a good warm fire. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

Rubecula wrote: »
    HobNobs and Oreo's should be used for building a good warm fire. :D

Love it! And you're right too.

One of my fave treats is a regular digestive dunked into coffee - has to be coffee, definitely not tea. Makes even cheapo ones taste good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Lexicographer

Pink wafers!

Guilty sekret time.
    I was shown this in Australia and I've been sneakily doing it ever since. Over there we used a biscuit called a TimTam which is basically a penguin bar (though slightly lighter).
    You bite off diametrically opposite corners then, using it like a straw, dunk it and suck your tea through it.
    You have to be quick and get it into your gob before it implodes.
    Lovelyness ensues.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

Guilty sekret time.
    I was shown this in Australia and I've been sneakily doing it ever since. Over there we used a biscuit called a TimTam which is basically a penguin bar (though slightly lighter).
    You bite off diametrically opposite corners then, using it like a straw, dunk it and suck your tea through it.
    You have to be quick and get it into your gob before it implodes.
    Lovelyness ensues.

Sounds very messy :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,027 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

garibaldi

jersey creams

rich tea

Mollywolly wrote: »
    Sounds very messy :eek:
    Sometimes you gotta just face the reality of things and get on with it.
    Go on...
    Go ON...
    GO ON!
    Doooo Itttttt!

Apparently it's know as a TimTamSlam
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MQZX1nLOJ4

• Advertisement

All right. There is ONE biscuit, if you would call it that, that I actually like. Club Milk. But I daren't eat one, 'cos I used to be a Club Milk addict but I kicked the habit. :) I've been clean for twenty years now!

My mum used o work in the factory that made Club biscuits, and she often came home with huge boxes of 'seconds' Lovely times, fattening but lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

I'm just having ginger nuts and a cuppa. Dunk the biccie, suck the tea out of it...lovely gingery gingerness...mmmmmm!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

All right. There is ONE biscuit, if you would call it that, that I actually like. Club Milk. But I daren't eat one, 'cos I used to be a Club Milk addict but I kicked the habit. :) I've been clean for twenty years now!

They changed the chocolate around ten years ago and it is now manky. Wouldn't touch one with a barge poll. Before I would have preferred a club milk to a snack bar but now it's a cadburys snack bar all the way.

Well spotted Swampy (great name!) They did indeed change the chocolate, also they made it smaller, and with a lot less chocolate. Just as well I kicked the habit when I did, my life would have been utterly miserable if I'd continued on that slippery slope! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭trashcan

Chucken wrote: »

Ah no, hob nobs are the business.

Hob nobs are only for posh folks! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

takes another hob nob from the plate and sticks pinkie finger out as I drink me tay :p

From your saucer? My gran used drink tea from her saucer, drove my dad mad!

• Advertisement

My mum used to do eggs in a saucer (in the oven) with a little grated cheese on top for my sister when she wouldn't eat. She woofed it down too so Mum did right. :)

Advertisement