Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VRT and Road Tax Evasion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

jammywammy wrote: »
    Im genuinely shocked at this. You would report a neighbour for no car tax? Really?
    What do you get out of that?

The further self confirmation of their perfection, no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭gutteruu

Is your company vehicle MOT`d and taxed in the UK ?

None of your business! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭ManMade

Maybe I am your neighbour you never know.......................
    My neighbour drives a polish reg...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

Im genuinely shocked at this. You would report a neighbour for no car tax? Really?
    Genuinely shocked too. Can't believe someone would do this to one of their neighbours... You will get no luck for something like that..

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭debabyjesus

"If I caught someone snooping around my car..." please finish your sentence if you caught my friend looking at your windscreen while he walked past on a public footpath EXACTLY WHAT WOULD YOU DO ?

No need to shout Noel... I'd ask him what he was looking at. What did you think I would do? Are you jumping to conclusions again Noel?

You and your friend sound like great lads to have a pint with, after you eyeballed the publicans liquor license and car tax of course.

• Advertisement

"If I caught someone snooping around my car..." please finish your sentence if you caught my friend looking at your windscreen while he walked past on a public footpath EXACTLY WHAT WOULD YOU DO ?

Ever break a road speed limit noel?

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭Alrite Chief

Have you considered approaching this guy personally? A friend of mine had terrible trouble with a neighbours dog barking during the night. He also knew the dog owner had no licence!!!! He spoke to the Gardai and all the possible authorities in concern. Absolutely nothing was done. So he called in himself and explained to the guy he had a problem. The neighbour was very cooperative and they were able to sort it out.

The only difference with your story and his is that his neighbour wasn't on refugee dole. That could be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Bruthal wrote: »
    And if they had it off the road due to hardship, but drove it once after 3 months, what then? Would the bishop be more forgiving in his pontification of neighbours then? Or straight to the nearest phone to report this crime?

I wouldn't report that. Why do you give a toss anyway?

Yes, I'd have no issue reporting someone for driving untaxed for 3 months. Did i not make that perfectly obvious?

No need to shout Noel... I'd ask him what he was looking at. What did you think I would do? Are you jumping to conclusions again Noel?

You and your friend sound like great lads to have a pint with, after you eyeballed the publicans liquor license and car tax of course.
    .. and NCT, tv license, tax returns and VAT records; Can't be taking any chances these days. The law is the law and sure everyone needs to play their part and snoop wherever they can to ensure its full implementation .

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭jammywammy

Yes, I'd have no issue reporting someone for driving untaxed for 3 months. Did i not make that perfectly obvious?

Not obvious, but you did say it. The reason Im slightly confused is because you said you would have no problem reporting it....but wouldnt if it was off the road due to hardship? How would you know....and who made you judge and jury?
    Also, is it not exhausting minding other peoples business?

• Advertisement

I dont, hence I dont spy on or police the neighbours cars.

And It would take a bit of spying to confirm the criteria for reaching your report threshold.

Not obvious, but you did say it. The reason Im slightly confused is because you said you would have no problem reporting it....but wouldnt if it was off the road due to hardship? How would you know....and who made you judge and jury?
    Also, is it not exhausting minding other peoples business?
    I'm feel to make judgement calls as i see fit, just as i am entitled to report tax evasion.

I dont, hence I dont spy on or police the neighbours cars.

Why do you think you need to be a spy to notice a car on UK plates for 2 years? Strawman ftl.

I'm feel to make judgement calls as i see fit, just as i am entitled to report tax evasion.
    Everyones entitled to report tax evasion. Doesnt mean I go auditing people to see who I can report. I revert back to my previous question...is it not exhausting minding other peoples business?

Everyones entitled to report tax evasion.

I'm glad we can agree on this.

I'm glad we can agree on this.

Lol Me too. Although I see you partake in evasion of another kind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

A friend of mine had terrible trouble with a neighbours dog barking during the night. He also knew the dog owner had no licence!!!! He spoke to the Gardai and all the possible authorities in concern.

He reported his neighbour for not having a dog license?......

And how long, pray tell, did it take the guards to stop rolling around on the floor giggling?

Why do you think you need to be a spy to notice a car on UK plates for 2 years? Strawman ftl.

Strawman you say? Thats curious.

No UK plate mentioned there. So how will you apply your reporting criteria, without spying? Or is it only UK plates on neighbours cars you watch out for?

Lol Me too. Although I see you partake in evasion of another kind

You were seriously asking me how exhausting it is to answer hypothetical questions on a forum? Not very :/
    Strawman you say? Thats curious.

What's curious about it, you are equating noticing a highly visible license plate with the inspection of peoples tax disks and you'd like to pretend you are not making a strawman argument? I don't see the point in carrying on a conversation if this is the case.
    No UK plate mentioned there. So how will you apply your reporting criteria, without spying? Or is it only UK plates on neighbours cars you watch out for?

You asked me to answer a question, which I did. I'm not sure why you are making incorrect assumptions now.

You were seriously asking me how exhausting it is to answer hypothetical questions on a forum? Not very :/

No, I asked was it not exhausting minding other people business? (or wasnt that obvious) Maybe it wasnt??!!??? I was refering to your policing of your neighbour's cars and reporting them for having their tax out by 3 months.

• Advertisement

I'll tell you what I'd do if a person were on my property snooping, it would involve a ... call to the guards, notifying them that a creep was trespassing in my property staring at my car.

You've stated he is on "refugee dole" Implying he entered the Republic illegally and is seeking asylum or is a successful asylum seeker. The only thing you've backed this up with is by revealing that he is Nigerian. That is in my understanding of the word, racist.

You have claimed that customs cannot take his car as its in his driveway. Yet you know that it not mot'd and have mentioned 'your friend' looking at his windscreen. If you entered his driveway that is trespass. I've no way of proving this and I doubt you'd admit it.

Rant/

No, I asked was it not exhausting minding other people business? (or wasnt that obvious) Maybe it wasnt??!!??? I was refering to your policing of your neighbour's cars and reporting them for having their tax out by 3 months.

Did you miss the hypothetical part?

Did you miss the hypothetical part?

No

No

Fair enough, maybe you didnt understand what i meant. Feel free to get back to me when you work it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭Alrite Chief

wexie wrote: »
    He reported his neighbour for not having a dog license?......

And how long, pray tell, did it take the guards to stop rolling around on the floor giggling?
    No he rang up because of the constant domestic disturbance. The no licence part he managed to find out from an inside source in the licensing department so he couldn't mention that.

Law enforcing is not all back flips tumbles and shoot outs. Not having a licence could be very serious if you own a dangerous dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭cock robin

I have nothing to hide, I pay road tax I live a clean life and cannot understand why others do not do the same.

Is your name Jesus ? I'm sure most people live as you do paying their taxes and so forth. The difference is that most folks adapt a live and let live attitude. Thank god I don't live near the Noel Kinsella's of this world. You need to get a life dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

If its annoying the op that much , he could pay the vrt and tax for his neighbour.
    Or crash into him then the guards have to do something .
    He could even burn it out .
    Doubt that you'll get much help here complaining about someone ripping the government of a few quid incomparision to what the government robbed of us .

Man up deal with it .

The causal attitude to paying tax is really staggering. I must be a complete tool for always paying my tax on time :(

Fair enough, maybe you didnt understand what i meant. Feel free to get back to me when you work it out.

Lol Oh Gosh....Implying Im a little thick? Deary deary me!
    I asked a simple question, a question which you rephrased and then answered your rephrased version of the question (after avoiding the question twice) It was a closed question which requires a simple yes/no answer.
    Maybe its just a hard question? I didnt think so

• Advertisement

What's curious about it, you are equating noticing a highly visible license plate with the inspection of peoples tax disks and you'd like to pretend you are not making a strawman argument?
    Nice evasion there. However, I equated nothing. You clearly said you would report a neighbours car for no tax if 3 months out, but wouldnt if they were off the road, but drove once in an emergency.

Now, explain how you would have no problem reporting your neighbours car 3 months out of tax, and how a UK reg is relevant there?

It was you who introduced the UK reg equating, as a way to evade the question about you reporting your neeighbours motor tax status, or lack of.

I don't see the point in carrying on a conversation if this is the case
    Seems simple, is a UK reg relevant to you reporting your neighbours lack of tax. If you cant carry on the conversation based on explaining that, then that is one cop out....

You asked me to answer a question, which I did. I'm not sure why you are making incorrect assumptions now.

Well then, how can you tell that your neighbours car tax is still out after 3 months, without spying on their car? You will just accidently notice it now and again? Or you will keep a watchful eye on it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement