Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

social welfare inspector!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

makankan wrote: »
    ...... has a partner/girlfriend/other half, am I expected to move into a house with her, him, and my son? Is he expected to buy my clothes and pay my bills?? As well as hers and my sons? As a result of a one night stand? Are you for real? Your comments annoy me, it's not public business why I dont receive money off him! The inspecter didnt even ask me that!
    No but he is expected to pay for your son, simple as. Parents do not have to be together. One night stand is irrelevant. 'people like me?' :rolleyes: How about irresponsible people who don't pay for their children?

Anyway, I'm done here

• Registered Users Posts: 6 makankan

Boombastic No he is not expected to pay for my son, he doesnt have money to simple as. He buys shoes clothes etc when needed for my boy. Parents DO have to be together to be "partners". One night stand is irrelevant yes, as it doesn't stand to me but I was putting that question to you. Clearly you have no children. 'people like me?' Yes, nosey unhelpful people who like to stick tuppence in for no useful reason but to try make honest people feel bad. Yes best you leave the conversation and leave it to helpful kind people. With actual facts on the question asked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

makankan wrote: »
    Boombastic No he is not expected to pay for my son, he doesnt have money to simple as. He buys shoes clothes etc when needed for my boy. Parents DO have to be together to be "partners". One night stand is irrelevant yes, as it doesn't stand to me but I was putting that question to you. Clearly you have no children. 'people like me?' Yes, nosey unhelpful people who like to stick tuppence in for no useful reason but to try make honest people feel bad. Yes best you leave the conversation and leave it to helpful kind people. With actual facts on the question asked.

Don't worry, I'll keep reporting the 'lone' parents, with the childs other parent 'helping' out, with no expectation to pay for their children

http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/One-Parent-Family-Payment.aspx#guidesep

A person who is unmarried will be required to make efforts to seek maintenance in respect of the child/ren from the other parent of the child/ren. These efforts need not be made at the initial claim stage but continued entitlement to One-Parent Family Payment is conditional on efforts being made to seek maintenance from the other parent of the child/ren. This requirement is applicable to new claims received in the Department on or after 1 May 1997.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Boombastic wrote: »
    ....A person who is unmarried will be required to make efforts to seek maintenance in respect of the child/ren from the other parent of the child/ren...

All good and well when the ex spouse/partner is in employment and is earning a wage however if they themselves are relient on Social Welfare payments, then no maintenance order can be attached if it will bring that persons payment below the Supplementary Welfare threshold (€100 - 18 to 21, €144 - 21 to 24, €188 - 25+).

I would agree that there are deadbeat dads out there and maintenance shirkers, but the fact this chap buys clothes for his child when he can and babysits, wouldn't put him into any of those categories imo. To be classed as a cohabitant, he would need to be staying at least 4 nights out of 7 per week plus inspectors would look at the likes of shared bills for rent, electricty, SKY etc.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

I think we are done here.

Closed

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement