Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feeling really tired :(

Options
  • 16-01-2013 9:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Don't know if I'm posting this in the right forum but anyway I'm feeling very tired lately for no reason. Think I might be run down. Does anyone know any good vitamins for building you up and your immune system?? thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

look at your diet/sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 CheekyChappy

My diet is fine and I get regular exercise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

If you're diet is fine and you're getting enough vitamins and nutrients, head to doctor for some tests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Iron levels might be low....do you eat alot of red meat? might be no hard to get your bloods done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 CheekyChappy

All I asked for was if anyone knew some good vitamins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Tisserand

I was the same early last year. Got my bloods checked and very low in iron. Started taking iron supplements and have great energy now. Iron tablets quite inexpensive - the brand I was prescribed was Galfer and they cost only about 2 euro for a months supply. Can be bought without a prescription but if I were you I would get the bloods checked to see if anything else is causing the tiredness such as thyroid etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭ayeboy

OP, those replies you got were pretty good....Iron deficincy could be a reason. It doesnt take a genius to google supplements which contain iron, would it?

Btw, try Vitamin D...very good for a boost. But heed advice about getting bloods done if youre symptoms are bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

What ever you do, DO NOT take iron supplements without getting blood tests first. I was taking multi vitamins with iron. It turns out I had too much iron in my blood which was causing my tiredness! Too much iron can lead to serious illnesses if not treated.

Anyway, i would go get a blood test and see if there is anything underlying. Then the Doc can suggest things that would help.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭miss tickle

A good one imo is natures plus, source of life gold. The only thing is it doesn't contain iron. But the other posters have a point. If you eat ok, and get enough sleep, it might be worth having a chat with your doc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

vitamin B.

Its whats in Berocca etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn

Go To a Doctor get a full blood workup and whatever else he/she advises.

Should be easy to sort out...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

All I asked for was if anyone knew some good vitamins

If your diet was as good as you say it is, you wouldn't need to ask that question.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

You could be dehydrated! Drink alot more water, bet you will feel better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Pregnant

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Paddywiggum

As Ninja said def drink more water. Also try some Coconut Oil in the morning, its loaded with fatty acids called MCTs which are a great source of energy! its 6euro in dunnes for 500g. take a few teaspoons in morning and youll feel great. it can also be added to coffee. Its very beneficial for skin/hair. Im a big fan of it, as you can probably tell

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭talkin

I'm in the same boat as u OP never just so tired all the time. I wake up exhausted and I could sleep all day. Feel achy all over just feel really run down. If u find something let me know! :)

Advertisement