Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

I cannot get ANYONE to insure me

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

It's against the law to drive on your own on a provisional...so the insurance company would also have to consider if your passenger(full licence) is in the car with you their claim to I'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭nathan99

Does any one know if you would get insured on a 1.9 seat toledo if your 17 and on a provisional? (I dont have one but i would genuinely like to know if you would)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

nathan99 wrote: »
    Does any one know if you would get insured on a 1.9 seat toledo if your 17 and on a provisional? (I dont have one but i would genuinely like to know if you would)

You'll get a quote all right, but expect a few noughts before the decimal point.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭ADIDriving

I can't see the reason for Jammy Dodger not getting quotes. But Nathan, your quotes would be big.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭therunaround

Definitely try Britton, I started out with them a few years ago for 1800, next cheapest crowd were 2900

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 R.M.

OP, make sure you try AXA. I'm with them and so are most of my friends. It seems like they are one of the few that give first time insuranse to provisional lisence drivers

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Shankly88

You'll get a quote all right, but expect a few noughts before the decimal point.

no offence mate but i wouldnt insure a 17 year old with a car that powerfull

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

chill.ie

I couldn't get a quote anywhere but here at the start! and I got it cheap as f too!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭nathan99

ADIDriving wrote: »
    I can't see the reason for Jammy Dodger not getting quotes. But Nathan, your quotes would be big.

Well i went on chill.ie and just filled out the relevant details and came up with this...
    It says it would cost 4200 to insure,
    but on the smaller 1.6 engine it says it costs 4000
    then on a golf 1.4 engine it costs 3900

there must be something wrong? its barely any difference in the price ?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Nathan there's quite a lot more to these quotes than merely engine size. And also, online quotes are useless for high risk drivers, ringing around is the only way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭ADIDriving

Well i went on chill.ie and just filled out the relevant details and came up with this...

Just like I said, big quotes. Try a 1lt car. Then you'll get a slightly bigger drop. But for the craic; add 19 years on your age, full and clean licence for 17 years and you'll drop a 0 off those quotes. That's what's 'wrong'. Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Shankly88

Paying that insurance isn't worth it mate you may aswell save that money get your full licence when you turn 18 and with the amount you save you could buy a high quality car with cheap enough insurance lad

• Registered Users Posts: 40 merc609

try brittons they look after younger drivers.. also there is XSdirect (try google) but as the name suggests its all about the excess you pay in the event of a accident. you choose the amount of excess to pay, the higher the excess the cheaper your insurance.

Advertisement