Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ebay question.

Options
  • 06-01-2013 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭

Why does Ebay allow a seller to make their feedback private?
    Surely that defeats the whole purpose of feedback.
    There was a seller last week, with pretty decent feedback and was selling a few items.
    He was selling:
    An MK802 for €17 delivered.
    A 10.1", Windows 7, 32GB SSD Tablet PC DUAL-CORE Atom N570 Processor 2GB DDR3 for €97 Delivered.
    A 7" Dual-Core Android Tablet (I can't remember the rest of the specs) for €37 Delivered.

Even with his decent feedback and only slightly better prices, bells rang out to me because of the Windows 7 Tablet.
    I wanted to buy, but decided to wait a little while.
    He has now removed all of his items for sale, and made his feedback Private.
    I'm not 100% sure but i think his negative feedback over the last month has jumped from zero to 5. He was selling these items up to 4 days ago, so their may be loads more negative feedback to come.

If i purchased something from him last week, and saw the negative feedback was because he failed to deliver, or the item was not the product he said it was, i would know to cancel..
    But Private feedback would just leave me confused and annoyed.

Anyway, anyone know why they allow sellers to make it private?

The seller's page
    http://myworld.ebay.ie/yongheng861/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

From the link you posted - Important: If you have a private Feedback Profile, you will not be able to sell items on eBay

If the guy was a scammer, cancelling the sale is unlikely to work. Anyway, you would have been covered by Paypal for any non-delivery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 kik

most of sellers with private feedbacks are selling sex products (toys etc) and wants to keep their buyer's privacy but i dont see the point with electronics, he's hiding something + 97% positive feedback, not enough for me to do business

That is private auctions which is not the same as private feedback. With a private auction, you can see the feedback comment but not the item it relates to. with private feedback, you cannot see any of the comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

I could sell you a 7" Dual-Core Android Tablet for €37 and make a 20% profit drop shipping ( if I was in China like this guy )

Could be number of things :
    He may be out of stock and rather than close his a/c , he just makes his feedback private , so he cant sell.
    He may have multiple eBay accounts , and is giving this one a break.
    He may owe eBay fees and rather be not seen as a non-registered user ,

There is presently a 3 month delay in the dispatch of these 7'' Android Tablets from China , unless you pay through the nose for priority post .

Also remember it is -4 degrees in China at the moment and the seas are frozen and there are 1,000's of ships frozen too.

Temperatures in China have plunged to their lowest in almost three decades, cold enough to freeze coastal waters and trap 1,000 ships in ice, official media said at the weekend

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2257995/Trapped-icy-prison-1-000-ships-stranded-frozen-ocean-China-gripped-extreme-cold-snap.html

That is not really cold, the ships reported are probably small boats moored in a sheltered bay rather than these things

965879.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Never thought about sex toys.. :D:o That may make sense, so people can't see you bought them, Even if this wasn't the case here, it makes sense as to why it's allowed.. But surely there are better alternative solutions.
    That is private auctions which is not the same as private feedback. With a private auction, you can see the feedback comment but not the item it relates to. with private feedback, you cannot see any of the comments.

I can't see any of the comments, i've tried clicking on them, but no. Nothing. I cannae see a written word. :)
    I could sell you a 7" Dual-Core Android Tablet for €37 and make a 20% profit drop shipping ( if I was in China like this guy )

Could be number of things :
    He may be out of stock and rather than close his a/c , he just makes his feedback private , so he cant sell.
    He may have multiple eBay accounts , and is giving this one a break.
    He may owe eBay fees and rather be not seen as a non-registered user ,

There is presently a 3 month delay in the dispatch of these 7'' Android Tablets from China , unless you pay through the nose for priority post .

Also remember it is -4 degrees in China at the moment and the seas are frozen and there are 1,000's of ships frozen too.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2257995/Trapped-icy-prison-1-000-ships-stranded-frozen-ocean-China-gripped-extreme-cold-snap.html

Yep, maybe he's holding his account.. I thought he had a lot in stock. But thinking about it, at those prices, they were probably snapped up. The Windows tablet was an amazing price.. Dang! Wished i had pulled the trigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

Allyall wrote: »
    Dang! Wished i had pulled the trigger.

Oh really ?

Hello xxxxxxxx (xxxxxxxx@yahoo.ie),

Thank you for your bid on the following listing:

200873674000 - 32GB SSD 10.1" Windows 7 Tablet PC DUAL-CORE Atom N570 Processor - 2GB DDR3 free

However, eBay has had to remove the listing. All bids or offers have been cancelled. Also, we recommend that you consider carefully whether to complete this transaction.

We hope you understand that due to privacy reasons we're unable to discuss the details of why this listing was ended.

*Important*
    We strongly recommend that you do not go ahead with the purchase however if you have already paid for this item but haven't received it, you need to act quickly to get your money back.

Off to paypal disputes I go...

Mad_Dave wrote: »
    Oh really ?

Hello xxxxxxxx (xxxxxxxx@yahoo.ie),

Thank you for your bid on the following listing:

200873674000 - 32GB SSD 10.1" Windows 7 Tablet PC DUAL-CORE Atom N570 Processor - 2GB DDR3 free

However, eBay has had to remove the listing. All bids or offers have been cancelled. Also, we recommend that you consider carefully whether to complete this transaction.

We hope you understand that due to privacy reasons we're unable to discuss the details of why this listing was ended.

*Important*
    We strongly recommend that you do not go ahead with the purchase however if you have already paid for this item but haven't received it, you need to act quickly to get your money back.

Off to paypal disputes I go...

:eek::eek::eek:

Jaysus.. Fair play to Ebay.

I saw his shop on another forum, a lot of people bought from him.

I'm after paying for 4 of MK808's with remote for €43 delivered.. (From a different shop/seller) But similar setup. I did it because i missed the above one. I only did it for the remotes, because they normally sell for €23, and the MK808, well i could sell them for €40 each. (I know there are people on Adverts selling them for €130, but i just saw the opportunity to get the remotes cheap/free.)

Ah shiiiiitt.. I'll probably get a similar letter in a couple of days..

Ebay might have removed it due to copyright infringment, there's an outside chance it'll still be shipped (fingers crossed!), but if not it looks like paypal has me covered.

Mad_Dave wrote: »
    Ebay might have removed it due to copyright infringment, there's an outside chance it'll still be shipped (fingers crossed!), but if not it looks like paypal has me covered.

Hope you get it.
    How long does ebay cover you for? 30 days? Shipping should be roughly 21-28..?
    Cutting it tight. But could be well worth it. What were the Copyright issues, Windows 7?
    I thought it odd, that a Chinese seller could sell that tablet with a WIndows 7 licence. The licence would be what, €75?

• Advertisement

Not sure how it works exactly, I think I had 45days from the date of payment to start an inquiry. Anyway, paypal are attempting to contact the seller now, so I;ll see where it goes from here.
    The tablet I ordered is basically a copy of this: http://www.vostrostone.com/101-win7-tablet-atom-n570-2gb-ddr3-32gb-ssd-p-206.html?zenid=vq6a239f41okag14sevb8e76i6

I guess it's possible they've made a complaint to ebay or something, who knows.

Yeah, i saw the tablet. I'd say you might have a good chance of getting it. If he was genuinely selling, and he didn't pull his ads, then maybe he'll continue with the sale.

Find out where else he's selling :D.

I think i heard a few years ago that Microsoft have a team scouring ebay for illegal licences etc. Surely that would've fallen into that category.
    He's probably selling them somewhere, but not ebay anymore.

After googling
    10.1", Windows 7, 32GB SSD Tablet PC DUAL-CORE Atom N570 Processor 2GB DDR3

The amount of Wordpress sites.. Most have been pulled, but all of them link to his Amazon account. He was using a lot of different free blogging sites.

I'm beginning to think you may not get anything..
    He has been busy. He probably wrote his own reviews.Here is the same deal Ebay Cached by google from ebay.com - LINK
    Different seller.

Similar price, and extra $60 but still way below the official price - LINK

Advertisement