Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SuperCoach vs DreamTeam for 2013

Options
  • 16-01-2013 9:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

Any thoughts on which platform the boards.ie comp will (or should) be held on this year?

I know we did both last year but I found myself letting my SuperCoach team drift in favour of my DreamTeam. Those more knowledgable than me tell me that the SuperCoach system is more accurate & intelligent...

P.S. Serious kudos to the guys who maintain the fantasy AFL & tipping comps here!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

I'll probably do both again but I will concentrate more on SC tbh.

Most of my Aussie mates just do SC and con't rate DT at all, it's definitely a more sophisticated and accurate scoring system than DT.

The draft league would be great fun this year as well if we could get enough entrants....

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I've always done DT and enjoyed it so my preference is for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

I did both last year, but I started to ignore the SC as the season went on. I prefer DT, probably cause its easier and the scoring is.more transparent. So my vote is for DT. Or 'AFL Fantasy' as they're now calling it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

Was just going to start a thread on this now. It was my first year doing SC last year, and I enjoyed it. But like Xavi, I am more used to DT and therefore focused more on that.

I would be interested in setting up and running DT again this year, if everyone is happy with that, and maybe Winter would do SC again?

I think there will be a much bigger gap this year between the two in light of the recent rule changes in DT, most notably:
    1. 6-8-2-6 formation with 4 emg.
    2. 44 trades (2 per round)
    3. Increase in salary cap to $9.139m
    4. Bye rounds take best 18.
    All of above should make it more point friendly and I am assuming is more generated towards casual players, than loyal. However, the same rules apply to everyone so like for like it should be interesting.

SC on the other hand are sticking with the more difficult 28 trades, which does require a more disciplined approach.

All in all, with the rule change, I am in favour of playing both, as they will be sufficiently different to warrant like attention.

PS: You can pre-register now for AFL Fantasy 2013

New Trading Rules for AFL Fantasy
    Salary Cap & Player Value

This morning the AFL announced details of the band new free draft game called AFL Fantasy Elite.

After limited to poor success of the previous draft games: Premium Dream Team; Dream Team Pro; & Assistant Coach subscription, Virtual Sports/AFL have revamped the whole game.

The draft is fully customisable, apart from the scoring, and a league can be set up to contain 6, 8, 10 or 12 players.

This would be similar to what was done on the soccer forum but we would have all the hard work of the drafting done by the game.

Here's all you need to know about AFL Fantasy Elite

So, is there anyone interested? Have a read of the link above and if you're interested let me know. We might start a thread to agree on the layout etc of the league and pick a start date.

• Advertisement

This morning the AFL announced details of the band new free draft game called AFL Fantasy Elite.

After limited to poor success of the previous draft games: Premium Dream Team; Dream Team Pro; & Assistant Coach subscription, Virtual Sports/AFL have revamped the whole game.

The draft is fully customisable, apart from the scoring, and a league can be set up to contain 6, 8, 10 or 12 players.

This would be similar to what was done on the soccer forum but we would have all the hard work of the drafting done by the game.

Here's all you need to know about AFL Fantasy Elite

So, is there anyone interested? Have a read of the link above and if you're interested let me know. We might start a thread to agree on the layout etc of the league and pick a start date.

I'd be up for this. Doing one at work and it's great fun..

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Real FM

Hiya guys,

I'd love to get involved with the boards DT league if there's room this year? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭SSK

Most definitely in for the draft league, presume it'll be along the lines of NFL fantasy.

Will have a standard DT team as well. Was going to try SC this year but I think 2 DT teams will be enough.

Real FM wrote: »
    Hiya guys,

I'd love to get involved with the boards DT league if there's room this year? :)

You can have Nick Maxwell's spot. Wasn't good enough for our league anyway! :D

I'll have a go at the draft one too. Never done it before, sounds interesting. Might give SC a miss this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Real FM

Great stuff. I don't think I'll have time to do the new draft version over the next few weeks so if there's also the standard setup going ahead I'll hop in on that one. Do you need my team name??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I'll be back to go for 3 Boards.ie DT titles in a row!

Yet another new game! AFL Fantasy Matchday
    The simple premise of this format of the game is that you pick 8 players (2 defenders, 3 midfielders, 1 ruck, 2 forwards) from one of the ‘blockbuster’ matches… and highest score wins.
    The matches for these mini-games are:
    • NAB Cup Grand Final
    • Round 1 – Hawthorn v Geelong
    • Round 2 – Collingwood v Carlton
    • Round 5 – Essendon v Collingwood
    • Round 7 – Hawthorn v Sydney Swans
    • Round 9 – Richmond v Essendon
    • Round 16 – West Coast v Fremantle
    matchday.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Blue Shamrock

I will do the standard one again if room, draft sounds good but not sure if i know enough players to try it! Hope to make finals this year just missed out by a place in 2 leagues last year

DreamTeam gets underway at midnight tonight apparently.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    DreamTeam gets underway at midnight tonight apparently.

Well there goes my afternoon

Mackman wrote: »

Well there goes my afternoon

DT returns! Site open again :)

I've recreated the same league, which means all the participants from last year should be invited automatically. Let me know if your not and I'll send you the code.

For those who didn't take part last year, there are 4 free spots. (I have uninvited anyone who wasn't active on here). PM me if your interested and I'll send you the league code. First come first serve basis.

Last year there was an option to trial your team in the NAB cup games. I cant find the link for it.

Anyone know what the story is?

Mackman wrote: »
    Last year there was an option to trial your team in the NAB cup games. I cant find the link for it.

Anyone know what the story is?

My memory is bit hazy on this so could be wrong but I think it was the case that NAB cup points were assigned to players after rounds completed, then as you picked team these came up in stats for each player, so you didn't enter a team in NAB cup as such, just got idea of form etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭In Exile

Hi everyone,

Just wondering is the supercoach league full this year?

If there is any room what are the codes?

• Advertisement

In Exile wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Just wondering is the supercoach league full this year?

If there is any room what are the codes?

9 Places left in SuperCoach. League Code: 465496
    4 Places left in AFL Fantasy. League Code: 787071

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭In Exile

I'm in

Anyone have any interest in trying the Fantasy Matchday Game? Starting to realise that we have a lot of comps going :D

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

Oh, in for a penny - in for a pound!
    Yep, I'm on for AFL Fantasy Match Day...

Shouldn't be too taxing, and no long term strategy etc.

Code to join the Boards League: 381442

Time difference caught me out. No players picked :(

With less than a week to go, we need to fill up our leagues before we get unknowns automatically added. Send to anyone who is interested.

Maybe post it up in the Australia forum, put one OP with links and codes for all the games we're doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

With less than a week to go, we need to fill up our leagues before we get unknowns automatically added. Send to anyone who is interested.

There's another Boards-related afl.com.au DT league as well if anyone wants to join: 803987

• Advertisement

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Maybe post it up in the Australia forum, put one OP with links and codes for all the games we're doing.

Done. Thread can be found here.

Advertisement