Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lego Marvel Super Heroes

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Finished it over a weekend when i rented it on the PS3 is there much improvement on the PS4 wouldn't mind going back to it to 100% all the levels

Seriously???? Man I just started on the 2nd run on the levels for the mini kits and stan lee after spending ages doing the dead pool misisons collecting gold bricks and characters and 2 levels in and its killing me, 100% will take 30-40 hours,

• Registered Users Posts: 33,295 ✭✭✭✭Penn

calex71 wrote: »
    Seriously???? Man I just started on the 2nd run on the levels for the mini kits and stan lee after spending ages doing the dead pool misisons collecting gold bricks and characters and 2 levels in and its killing me, 100% will take 30-40 hours,

Not only that, but I just started playing this yesterday and already I can see that to unlock all the characters, or even probably just most of the characters, will take an insane amount of grinding.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Thats what i meant i did the main story only , But i do want to get it properly , But my question is if theres any major diffrence between the PS3 and PS4 versions because i just got the PS4 and have no desire to go back lol

Thats what i meant i did the main story only , But i do want to get it properly , But my question is if theres any major diffrence between the PS3 and PS4 versions because i just got the PS4 and have no desire to go back lol

I don't think there's any difference at all, bar whatever graphical improvements. There aren't even any exclusive characters.

I take back what I said about the insane amount of grinding which would be needed though. I knew there were Deadpool bricks which could multiply your studs collected, but I didn't know they'd stack (which is ironic because that's exactly what Lego bricks do). So when using the 2x, 4x and 10x bricks, it actually multiplies your studs by 80x. I can soon unlock the 6x one which will then be 480x.

Still a lot of work needed to collect all the gold bricks and stuff, but at least buying all you unlock doesn't seem like such a laborious task if you had to constantly replay levels again and again just to collect enough studs. Maybe I will go for the 100%

Penn wrote: »
    I don't think there's any difference at all, bar whatever graphical improvements. There aren't even any exclusive characters.

I take back what I said about the insane amount of grinding which would be needed though. I knew there were Deadpool bricks which could multiply your studs collected, but I didn't know they'd stack (which is ironic because that's exactly what Lego bricks do). So when using the 2x, 4x and 10x bricks, it actually multiplies your studs by 80x. I can soon unlock the 6x one which will then be 480x.

Still a lot of work needed to collect all the gold bricks and stuff, but at least buying all you unlock doesn't seem like such a laborious task if you had to constantly replay levels again and again just to collect enough studs. Maybe I will go for the 100%

If you are going for 100% do the flying races 1st if you don't have the patience for them all the rest will be a waste of time doing, I'm going to give them another try later and then decide if I'll go for 100%.

Best thing to is buy the mini characters red brick or use wasp for the flying races and not use Iron man, he seems very erratic during flight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I tried to get this game in town earlier but it was sold out at the Gamestop I went to. I would normally order online but I have a voucher I need to use.

Just finished the flying races, think I'm on now for 100% wasn't going to do it if I couldn't get them done, as luck would have it a break from the game and coming back with a cool head saw me through them. I'd say to others do not ever bother with them until you have wasp unlocked. she is by far the best for doing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I'm almost at 100% now, the flying missions almost drove me insane...then I unlocked Silver Surfer and they became child's play! Honestly the difference in difficulty dropped so much.

Now all that stands in my way is that bloody remote control car race on the rooftops, it has to be the worse controls I have ever seen in a game!

I'm almost at 100% now, the flying missions almost drove me insane...then I unlocked Silver Surfer and they became child's play! Honestly the difference in difficulty dropped so much.

Now all that stands in my way is that bloody remote control car race on the rooftops, it has to be the worse controls I have ever seen in a game!

Took me ages to get my head around that as the controls were different to anything else in the game, if you have someone, anyone around get them to move the 2nd car out of the way for you in split screen, I was constantly hitting that. The ramp was a pain too, it's game over unless you hit it straight first time.

I got it in the end by using a stop/start method of moving taking a split second to stop and adjust my direction.

Have all done apart from the Minikits and Stan Lee rescues in the main missions. Using The Wasp for the flying races was extremely helpful, cheers calex. It's amazing how unforgiving the flying races are when I usually end up with 20 seconds on the clock for the road races even though I might crash a few times. The rooftop rc cars one was a joke too, took a few tries.

One thing though, did a bit of maths and get a gold brick for each of the 10/10 Minikits and the remaining Stan Lees, it'd leave me one gold brick short of 250, or does unlocking Stan Lee open up another short side-mission?

• Advertisement

Hmmmmmmm it could be you missed a race I was one short too, the one I needed was off the west coast of the map way way way up high over the sea, it was a flying race that ended on the statue of liberty or between those twin towers can't recall now. It was far from being the most difficult of the races though.

To find it just fly around the western sea it's a bit above centre if you split the map in half and are looking at it orientated north-south, it's about as high as the hellicarrier I think.

Edit: found better description of the location "around 8 o'clock from Fisky Tower, the staff with diamond head icon"

calex71 wrote: »
    Hmmmmmmm it could be you missed a race I was one short too, the one I needed was off the west coast of the map way way way up high over the sea, it was a flying race that ended on the statue of liberty or between those twin towers can't recall now. It was far from being the most difficult of the races though.

To find it just fly around the western sea it's a bit above centre if you split the map in half and are looking at it orientated north-south, it's about as high as the hellicarrier I think.

Edit: found better description of the location "around 8 o'clock from Fisky Tower, the staff with diamond head icon"

Makes sense. I did fly around the outside of the island to expose as much as I could but maybe didn't go far enough. Almost missed out in Taskmaster for the same reason, had to look up the internet to see where to find him.

Cheers.

Platinumed now. Admittedly had to check the internet for one or two of the minikits, and after I got the last one (well, ended up with 151/150 as apparently there's some issue with the Xmen mansion mission where you can get one or two of them even if you already have them) it was showing I was at 99.9%. Turned out I never bought Mandarin's boat even though I'd unlocked it.

It's a great game. Enjoyed it a lot more than Lego Batman 2 and the characters are a lot better (though some really weird choices and glaring omissions (was really hoping The Sentry would be in it))

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Can someone tell me how to find the Daily Bugle building? I've spent the last two hours trying to find it but can't.

Advertisement