Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Tried the demo, and can't get it to display at 1080p (can't even get it to display 720p). There is no option for those resolutions for me. Went into the game config file and tried to change, and it still didn't work. Might give the PS3 demo a look instead.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Jesus, Edge absolutely crucified this one in the latest issue, calling it a massive step down from the previous game. I wasn't expecting anything brilliant here (although was hoping they'd build on the potential of part one), but I was surprised at how damning this review was - obviously just one voice, but a cause for concern nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

If this get more bad reviews, and with the issues with getting the demo to run on my PC, may wait to pick this up on a steam sale instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,571 ✭✭✭EoinHef

wes wrote: »
    If this get more bad reviews, and with the issues with getting the demo to run on my PC, may wait to pick this up on a steam sale instead.

Im offwork sick today so ill download it and see do I get the resolution issue also.

Be a bit bummed if it turns out to be terrible, defo gonna hold off making any pre order or anything

• Registered Users Posts: 5,571 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Just finished the demo there,was no issue changing resolution in my case(1440p) but there were a lot of flickering textures and stuttering for me,id say thats because im running a crossfire setup. Could disable 1 card and it would be fine id say,hopefully theres a crossfire support on release but id say ill be waiting:(

Thought it looked good,definitely be waiting till its out and a few more review/thoughts about it surface though. Im enjoying 1 at the moment anyway so not in a rush in my case so ill wait n see

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,819 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well this is getting slated pretty badly in reviews. While I don't think the first game was as good as some people think it was a good hack and slash. Seems to be lots of silly problems with this game such as forced stealth sections that suck. One to pick up in a sale.

Maybe Konami will give us a game that actually feels like Castlevania now that Mercury Stream are off the series. I'd have preferred if both types of game could exist side by side but this is probably the end of Castlevania especially with Konami in such a bad position at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Round up of review scores so far;

IGN 6.5/10
    Gamespot 7/10
    Edge 4/10
    Polygon 5/10
    Game Informer 6/10
    Eurogamer 5/10
    GamesTM 5/10
    Joystiq 4/5
    CVG 8/10
    Videogamer 6/10
    Gamereactor 8/10
    NowGamer 4/10
    Play UK 81/100
    OXM 8/10
    Strategy Informer 7.5/10
    Digital Spy 3/5
    EGM 7/10
    Hardcore Gamer 2/5
    Push Square 7/10
    Game Revolution 3/5
    XONE Magazine 8/10
    PSU 9/10
    Xbox Players 8.3/10
    BT Games 3/5
    Inside Gaming 7.5/10
    Gamesided 8/10
    Expansive DLC 6/10
    Metro 4/10
    NGB 7/10
    NGB 7/10
    The Gamers Pad 7/10
    Kotaku No

http://theomeganerd.tumblr.com/post/77804443095/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-review-round-up Links to reviews here.

I'll be waiting on the postman on Friday and will be doing a disappearing act over the weekend :P

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Jaysus, that really is what you'd call mixed reviews!

I've it pre-ordered for digital download, and just finished the first one, so looking forward to playing it.

Just started playing this about an hour ago. Pretty sweet so far!

Not sure what the reviewers were smoking when they were playing this. I think its great. There isn't all that much of the stealth sections in it - just one here and there and they don't last long. Although I'm baffled at people finishing it in like 11/12 hours. I keep getting lost though :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I've played about five hours over the weekend and I'm enjoying it so far. The combat is great and the bosses I've fought have been class.

The stealth sections are poor, but they seem to be few and far between.
    I don't like the modern environments that much, but the sections in the castle are lovely

The narrative lacks the focus the original game had, all the stuff about
    Satan's Acolytes
    is dull. I want to get more of
    Gabriel/Dracula's inner struggle
    , I found him quite fascinating in LoS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Pinch of salt with this one I guess, hard to know how credible these things are

http://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-17465-Castlevania--Lords-of-Shadow-2-s-Allegedly-Troubled-Development-Exposed--Studio-Director-Blamed.html
    "The vast majority of this team is aware that the game we’ve done is a real piece of **** that has nothing to do with the first one’s quality and production values," he said. "Nobody is surprised by the low reviews we’ve got."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

calex71 wrote: »

It'd be nice if these whistleblowers came out before the game was released.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Mr. K wrote: »
    It'd be nice if these whistleblowers came out before the game was released.
    Even whistleblowers want to earn release sale bonuses...

Advertisement