Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭theduffer

The Xiaomi MI4 looks like it will be getting reduced to $260 on Singles day 11th November

Which site will have it for that price?

Edit: ok i see the story is all over google, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭k123456

The Xiaomi MI4 looks like it will be getting reduced to $260 on Singles day 11th November

Big reduction

http://www.xiaomishop.com/130-xiaomi-mi4-quad-core-16gb-64gb-smartphone.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

k123456 wrote: »

Exactly, although Ive read it may be difficult for us outside China to get them at the 260 price.

All I want right now is the Vivo xshot, it looks fantastic, yet to see a bad review. Cheapest I can find is 350e for the elite and 420e for the Ultimate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭k123456

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Chivral

k123456 wrote: »
    I would avoid Pandawill, difficult to deal with if anything goes wrong

Is there even any place that's not difficult to deal with if anything goes wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭wildefalcon

That's the thing about these phones - it's not much more money to get a better one - and soon you're looking at €300!!

I've yet to decide -

I'll leaning toward the Cubot X6 at the moment, but the Elephone P8 is pulling me too! Both have good gps, and e-compass, but the P8 has bluetooth 4 and the FHD screen (do I really need this - no, but I want it!!).

Decisions, decisions!

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭theduffer

That's the thing about these phones - it's not much more money to get a better one - and soon you're looking at €300!!

I've yet to decide -

I'll leaning toward the Cubot X6 at the moment, but the Elephone P8 is pulling me too! Both have good gps, and e-compass, but the P8 has bluetooth 4 and the FHD screen (do I really need this - no, but I want it!!).

Decisions, decisions!

Why dont you hang on till Iseedeadpixels gives a review of the xiaomi redmi note. Same size as the elephone p8. theres so much options you should decide on the size of the phone first and go from there. 5" vs 5.5". Im going to pull the trigger soon myself but waiting to see if i can get my hands on the xiaomi mi4 if its an option for $260. That would be a bargain!

And if anyone sees a reduction of the Vivo Xshot somewhere let me know please!

theduffer wrote: »
    Why dont you hang on till Iseedeadpixels gives a review of the xiaomi redmi note. Same size as the elephone p8. theres so much options you should decide on the size of the phone first and go from there. 5" vs 5.5". Im going to pull the trigger soon myself but waiting to see if i can get my hands on the xiaomi mi4 if its an option for $260. That would be a bargain!

I might just do that! Though, again, like you say, ya gotta pull the trigger sometime!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

It's crazy to see how the Chinese phones have changed in the last year even. They seem to have improved enormously, but the cost is creeping higher and higher. I have an S4 that is a bit smashed at the moment, that I will eventually need to replace and am thinking of going this route; but the huge range of choice is a bit mind boggling at times! The MI4 is very tempting, the price is the only thing holding me back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Having owned three well specced Chinese phones over the last 2 years (Xiaocai, Zopo and Xiaomi) I'm now on a 2014 MotoG, and have to say I prefer it to all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Having owned three well specced Chinese phones over the last 2 years (Xiaocai, Zopo and Xiaomi) I'm now on a 2014 MotoG, and have to say I prefer it to all of them.

that's going to go down like a tonne of bricks in here.

Ive never had a chinese-esque phone besides maybe the ZTE Blade/Orange San Fran if that counts. I currently own a HTC One M7, previous was an Xperia Ray.
    The Ray went to **** after a software update and the One is a great phone reliability wise but there is a hardware fault with the camera which has gone to sh!t also, I might as well try my luck with at least one Chinese phone.
    Besides the OPO, there is no other phone that is enough of a step up from the M7 at the moment without spending another 2-300 on top of the M7 selling price so I reckon now is the time for me

Why? Please tell, as I do look at the 2 sim 5 inch version of this and wonder if it's worth the extra few quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

• Registered Users Posts: 6,993 ✭✭✭Barr

seannash wrote: »

I’m a big fan of the honor 6 , excellent camera and specs. Shame they are not bringing the dual sim version to Europe

seannash wrote: »

Yeah, can someone with good knowledge on the CPU advise if its almost as good as the 801?

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Benchmark-shows-Huaweis-octa-core-Kirin-920-CPU-breathing-down-Snapdragon-805s-neck_id53571

Does well in benchmarks released back in March.

Hard to know if that'll translate to actually performance, though. I believe this is the first phone its being released on, so there isn't really much information out about its actual performance.

If you go onto their store directly it redirects to amazon.co.uk even though it says its available in Europe today too, but its not on amazon.de :(

Yeah, can someone with good knowledge on the CPU advise if its almost as good as the 801?

From what reviews are there (not many) , it seems to be at least equal to the snap 801 if not better. Very good GPS reported as well.

• Advertisement

Just bought it on the Amazon.fr site for 297e anyway so we shall see

Just bought it on the Amazon.fr site for 297e anyway so we shall see

Did you buy the single or dual sim version?

Bought the single, dual sim is only available in China afaik. Im still contemplating cancelling the order with the Aliexpress sale on the 11th in mind

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭shteve

Looking at getting a Chinese phone for around €75 - anything recommended?

Would use phone for internet, gps, facebook, snapchat etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,886 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

shteve wrote: »
    Looking at getting a Chinese phone for around €75 - anything recommended?

Would use phone for internet, gps, facebook, snapchat etc.
    Thats crazy money, add on another €100 and you still mightn't be happy. This is probably your best bet for any way usable in that price range:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057312038

I wouldn't touch it though, the screen, battery and GPS on it are probably all deal breakers.

I wouldn't touch that phone. people are buying it based on one review. Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Dammit the Xiaomi take a full sized sim I only have the micro sim, the wait until I can get to the shop begins :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Dammit the Xiaomi take a full sized sim I only have the micro sim, the wait until I can get to the shop begins :(

• Advertisement

head into any tesco and "borrow" one of their sim packs. They've adapters built in.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement