Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deadpool

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,317 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Deadpool-small.jpg
    Deadpool-poster.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,896 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Lmao at parts of that trailer and how ridiculous it is, they really seem to have went all out in trying to live up to the source material and persona of Deadpool. One of the best superhero movie trailers of all time to be honest. Looks like it'll be at least a 16s here too.

The community really needs to get behind and support this too, it's an opportunity to prove R movies can still be big successes when done correctly and for a supportive market. That audiences reactions say it all. Definitely gonna go see it at least once on opening weekend and I almost never do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

****ing love that trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 60,317 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That looks awesome.

• Advertisement

Could we expect a proper non-cam version of the trailer?

Could we expect a proper non-cam version of the trailer?

That trailer was probably a CC exclusive for the time being, like DC did with BvS last year, but it's out in 2016 so hopefully an official teaser at least will be released in the next couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,756 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

ho hum, that was kinda mix between a teaser trailer and full trailer, bit or origin, bit of action, bit of quiping.

I was expecting it to be more crazy, more meta, less quips, but maybe that was cos I couldn't clearly hear what he said, it sounded like he a had a **** in his mouth

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

I wonder if they'll address the Collossus switch or put it down to DoFP's reset.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I liked the trailer and it's exactly as I expected considering the teaser they put out before it was even green lit, but a part of me feels like it's like a montage of humour that Ryan Reynolds usually has in his films anyway. A few of the jokes in the trailer weren't that great either. It still should be an interesting take on the genre but I really, really hope it isn't saturated with quips either.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Off-topic bickering deleted. Please stay on topic and keep it friendly everyone, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

Off-topic bickering deleted. Please stay on topic and keep it friendly everyone, thanks.

No worries. It was just a bit of banter that ran its course. My apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Can't wait for this , I've gotten sick of Deadpool in the comics because there was a stage he was everywhere, But a live action version is going to be awesome I like the dig at Green Lantern in the trailer too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I wonder if they'll address the Collossus switch or put it down to DoFP's reset.

Pretty sure Deadpool will stand apart as being completely separate to the X-Men Universe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Reynolds said in an interview over the weekend that there are plans for Deadpool in the larger Xmen universe, but this movie they just made the way they wanted, without worrying about continuity!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

So basically looks like Reynold's character from Blade 3 being front & centre for 2 hours? Urgh, the jokes started to wear a little thin even by the end of that trailer, not sure I could survive the length of an entire feature-film. Just never really 'got' the point of Deadpool

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

****ty leaked trailer that someone recorded on their phone... but still, it looks class!

https://vid.me/DVtz

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Deadpool Cast - San Diego Comic Con 2015 Panel for anyone interested.

They're releasing a trailer, probably not the exact same as the CC one, within a few weeks. Apparently they just want to Polish up the CGI a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Is Deadpool's mask/eyes mostly CG in those clips?

It looks odd.

Will wait for the proper trailer, but it looks like a cool film possibly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

The eyeholes are CG yes.
    This clip wasn't completed CG so will prob look different on the full release trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

Trailer out next week.

"The red-band trailer will debut first on Tuesday, August 4, 2015 on TBS when Ryan Reynolds also appears on The Conan Show. The green-band trailer will debut with the release of Fantastic Four which is Friday, August 7, 2015. However, due to the age of instant gratification, both trailers may be released even sooner than their scheduled debut dates."

• Registered Users Posts: 33,255 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I don't even need to see the trailer now. That teaser has sold me on the movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,554 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Costume looks absolutely brilliant. The eyes are very clever.

very much the same as the leaked trailer from comic con except it doesn't introduce Negasonic Teenage Warhead

• Registered Users Posts: 43,776 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Looks every bit as fun as I hoped! :D

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,152 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Looks like a lot of fun, though a bit more straight forward action movie than I would have expected. Hope there's a lot of 4th wall breaking and what not that they're leaving out of the trailer.

Advertisement