Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Spoilers inside!** Pokemon X and Pokemon Y - October 2013! :D

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

The other two better not be version exclusive. You'll have to trade a Darkrai or something to get the other.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Diancie looks less like a legendary, more like a Carbink evo to me.

The one I'm looking forward to is the one that I've heard is Fire/Water, Volcanion.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

Angron wrote: »
    Diancie looks less like a legendary, more like a Carbink evo to me.

The one I'm looking forward to is the one that I've heard is Fire/Water, Volcanion.

If im right On the official site it states Diancie is a Carbink that went through a mutation. Or its the pokedex entry for it.

I doubt the other two will be version exclusive. I hope not anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Ah, that'd explain it then. Yeah, I'm hoping they don't make them version exclusives too, it'd be a bit annoying.

First attempt at intentional egg moves and I'm after confusing myself.

Aurorus learns both Freeze-Dry and Avalanche. If I breed a Male Aurorus with both moves and a Female Lapras, baby Lapras should have both moves. Can I then breed baby Lapras with both moves with Ditto and all following baby Lapras will still have both moves? Lapras only learns them via breeding (according to Bulbapedia anyway), which is why I'm not sure.

I thought using a Ditto would only pass down moves that the baby can learn naturally but I'm 99% sure I've gotten Charmander with egg moves via a Ditto so I dont know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭_Godot_

I've finished breeding 3 pokemon, Litwick, Horsea and Noibat.

Litwick
    31/xx/31/31/31/31
    Modest
    Infiltrator

Horsea
    xx/31/31/31/31/31
    Adamant
    Swift Swim
    w/ Outrage

Noibat
    31/xx/31/31/31/31
    Timid
    Infiltrator

Noibat
    31/31/31/31/31/31
    Timid
    Frisk

Thinking of breeding Mareep now.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    First attempt at intentional egg moves and I'm after confusing myself.

Aurorus learns both Freeze-Dry and Avalanche. If I breed a Male Aurorus with both moves and a Female Lapras, baby Lapras should have both moves. Can I then breed baby Lapras with both moves with Ditto and all following baby Lapras will still have both moves? Lapras only learns them via breeding (according to Bulbapedia anyway), which is why I'm not sure.

I thought using a Ditto would only pass down moves that the baby can learn naturally but I'm 99% sure I've gotten Charmander with egg moves via a Ditto so I dont know.

It does work :D Popping out baby Lapras with Freeze-Dry, Avalanche and as an added bonus, Ancient Power too. Just trying to get the right spread now. Willing to miss out on Speed since Avalanche gets double power if it takes damage before hand.

If anyone wants a reject, let me know.
    _Godot_ wrote: »
    I've finished breeding 3 pokemon, Litwick, Horsea and Noibat.

Litwick
    31/xx/31/31/31/31
    Modest
    Infiltrator

Horsea
    xx/31/31/31/31/31
    Adamant
    Swift Swim
    w/ Outrage

Noibat
    31/xx/31/31/31/31
    Timid
    Infiltrator

Noibat
    31/31/31/31/31/31
    Timid
    Frisk

Thinking of breeding Mareep now.

Do you use them in battle, or did you go with what you like best?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Can you get haircuts in X/Y?

Yeah, there's a hairdressers somewhere in Lumiose City, but the number of styles is pretty limited. It's just something like Long/Medium/Short.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Yeah, there's a hairdressers somewhere in Lumiose City, but the number of styles is pretty limited. It's just something like Long/Medium/Short.

Cool. I'll check that out. Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Think the number of styles increases with your stylishness. Buy a load of pokeballs one at a time, then go back to the hairdresser

Females now pass on egg moves far as I know, so you can use a male parent with the right speed and appropriate power item to breed in that IV

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Just got Y at the weekend, after a good few years of no Pokemon (last game I completed was Crystal, played a good bit was Sapphire but didn't get into it).

It's so much fun, like being back as a kid trying to catch them all again.

My team so far is
    Chesnaught (Lvl 41)
    Lucario (Lvl 32)
    Charizard (Lvl 37)
    Pidgeot (Lvl 37 - understand there are better new flying pokemon, but I love Pidgeot)
    Amaury (Lvl 32)

and then last spot has been a mix of Pikachu,Snorlax and Farfetch'd (the one you trade for in Santalune).

Just at the spot where I got Lucario and beat Korinn. It's been quite fun so far, although camera changes can get annoying, it's nice in the cave, but Luminose City was annoying.

Is Chesto Berry the only held item that wakes a Pokemon in battle?

Was thinking of a Snorlax that can use Rest to get it's HP back, and then instantly wake up and be ready to attack again but Chesto Berry is the only thing I can find and it only works once. Any of the abilities that prevent sleep, make Rest fail so they are no use either.

Lum would wake it too. Don't think there's any multi-use item that'd do it unless it had that Harvest ability. Something multi-use like that would be over-powered allowing for rest spam with no particular downside.

Lum would wake it too. Don't think there's any multi-use item that'd do it unless it had that Harvest ability. Something multi-use like that would be over-powered allowing for rest spam with no particular downside.

Wouldnt Sleep Talk be very similar though?

Wasnt expecting anything to exist, was just making sure I didnt miss anything obvious. Was worth a shot :pac:

Wouldnt Sleep Talk be very similar though?

Wasnt expecting anything to exist, was just making sure I didnt miss anything obvious. Was worth a shot :pac:
    It's kinda similar, but the fact that it's picking a move at random, and has a chance to try and re-use rest, balances it out a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

just got my 5th badge. i have to say, this is the most ive enjoyed any pokemon game right back til i was a young lad playing the originals and then gold! cant get enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

I hate Lumiose City, everywhere looks the same to me.

I hate Lumiose City, everywhere looks the same to me.

Worst camera angles in the game. It's trying to be fancy at the expense of being enjoyable.

I just fly to the middle Pokemon Center now. I dont know the street names, but know where the main things are from there. Le Wow, Loto etc. The lab is the only exception but I know it's on the outside somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Worst camera angles in the game. It's trying to be fancy at the expense of being enjoyable.

I just fly to the middle Pokemon Center now. I dont know the street names, but know where the main things are from there. Le Wow, Loto etc. The lab is the only exception but I know it's on the outside somewhere.

I just use the taxi but its a bit expensive, at least I just found this map so it should help.

lumiose-map.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Picked up Y again after a few months off. Been having loads of online battles the past few days.

What's the story with Darkrai's Dark Void being so horribly broken? I suppose I could use Prankster Safeguard to counter it but I don't want to have to...

Been thinking of restarting Y and seeing if I can complete the Pokédex with just constant WonderTrading. It will take forever and won't be very exciting but I think it's a good challenge. Problem is, if I get someone good, I won't want to give them away :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I restarted it the other day, dex no longer completed

• Registered Users Posts: 11,856 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Been thinking of restarting Y and seeing if I can complete the Pokédex with just constant WonderTrading. It will take forever and won't be very exciting but I think it's a good challenge. Problem is, if I get someone good, I won't want to give them away :pac:

Just catch a few Zigzagoons if you want to keep some good traded Pokemon.

To be honest it probably would take forever, I doubt anyone's willing to trade away someone like Mew.

I just started X last Friday, I bought a pre-owned copy which the owner had just finished and I left her Pokemon in my Pokemon Bank. I think this is the easiest Pokemon game I've ever played, I'm doing a Nuzlocke run and I've yet to lose anyone.

Just catch a few Zigzagoons if you want to keep some good traded Pokemon.

To be honest it probably would take forever, I doubt anyone's willing to trade away someone like Mew.

I just started X last Friday, I bought a pre-owned copy which the owner had just finished and I left her Pokemon in my Pokemon Bank. I think this is the easiest Pokemon game I've ever played, I'm doing a Nuzlocke run and I've yet to lose anyone.

Decided I'll only keep shinys or legendaries. Both are highly unlikely though.

Don't think a legit Mew can even be traded on WonderTrade. None of the event Pokémon can as best I recall. So I'll leave them out :pac:

You can make it harder by turning off the Exp Share.

Well, I've just had my first casulaty, "Peppy Toad" the Frogadier. He was killed by a Brick Break by a Team Flare Scraggy.

Bastards. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

You can make it harder by turning off the Exp Share.

Or evenly raise ten Pokemon instead of just a team of six. It helped add a bit of challenge to my first play through.

I've lost another - an Amaura named "Tundra", while battling Grant, the second Leader. I very nearly lost my Charmeleon named "Firestarter" in that same battle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Are you Nuzlocking on a cart, download or emulator?
    I have the download version of Y and wanted to Nuzlocke it but I hear that X and Y notice if you try to revert to a previous save / alter the save file and prevent you doing it (possibly to stop cloning via GTS or hex editing?) - anyone want to throw themselves in front of that bus and check it out?

Advertisement