Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moaning about Ireland. Hows about Syria?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭czx

grizzly wrote: »
    Nice to have a hobby.

don't worry, the UN will sort it out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Pretty sure they have nicer weather over there... :pac:

Ireland is alot better than many war zones and third world countries but does that mean people should put up and shut up about corruption and wrong doings here?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,856 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

gurramok wrote: »
    Americans have democracy

The best democracy money can buy.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Killer Wench

Zebra3 wrote: »
    The best democracy money can buy.....

Haters gonna hate.

*Pops gum*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Hold up! Kim Kardasian is preggers???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

Hippies! wrote: »
    Since the other night on the news when the UN announced that 60,000 have been killed since the uprising....

Whatever you doubt or don't I don't care. No relevance.

Nah, I'm too busy watching xfactor, not no smarts like you OP

Go away OP.

What on earth are you prattling on about?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,856 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Haters gonna hate.

*Pops gum*

Which has nothing to do with my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭ElvisChrist6

I don't live in Syria. Everyone has the right to moan about their shite aul state of living, not just the worst off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭dttq

This sounds like something a FF politician would come up with, "yeah shure things are just terrible here, but shure look at Syria".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

dttq wrote: »
    This sounds like something a FF politician would come up with, "yeah shure things are just terrible here, but shure look at Syria".

Its funny because you spelt sure as shure!

Uncanny, its like I'm actually at the Fianna Fáil Ard Fheis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cartell_best

Syria is so much like Ireland. How many years did Ireland spend being ruled by a country, wanting nothing but total control of its neighbour? Where were the Americans when Bloody Sunday happened? Where are they now? even knowing that innocent people are being murdered daily! The Americans, like most "Allies" do what suits them best! when the headlines depends on their reaction. Syria is another misfortunate country that is being ignored! Politics/Oil....!!!!

I never post anything like this but there comes a point where enough is enough!

Syria is so much like Ireland. How many years did Ireland spend being ruled by a country, wanting nothing but total control of its neighbour? Where were the Americans when Bloody Sunday happened? Where are they now? even knowing that innocent people are being murdered daily! The Americans, like most "Allies" do what suits them best! when the headlines depends on their reaction. Syria is another misfortunate country that is being ignored! Politics/Oil....!!!!

I never post anything like this but there comes a point where enough is enough!

Okay, fine. If Syria is so much like Ireland, and us Americans only do what's best for ourselves, then what is Ireland doing for the Syrian people?

Okay, fine. If Syria is so much like Ireland, and us Americans only do what's best for ourselves, then what is Ireland doing for the Syrian people?

Are you serious? get a grip! we are no even 0.5% to the enforcement that the Americans hold in relation to Global power!!!!

As a matter of fact! what are your people doing for your own people?

Are you serious? get a grip! we are no even 0.5% to the enforcement that the Americans hold in relation to Global power!!!!

But yet you want us to send our troops over there, lose our sons and daughters, spend our money, and expand limited resources for how long? And if we did, how many more people will sit back in their countries and write endless articles and posts about how some American troops killed all of these civilians and how we are occupying their country?

We've been at war for over 10 years and we are damn tired of it. We are also damn tired of other countries telling us to intervene but then criticizing how we intervene. If something must be done, then do something about it.

As a matter of fact! what are your people doing for your own people?

What are my people doing for our own? Well, to begin with, we aren't engaging ourselves in new wars because some Westerner thinks we should....

But yet you want us to send our troops over there, lose our sons and daughters, spend our money, and expand limited resources for how long? And if we did, how many more people will sit back in their countries and write endless articles and posts about how some American troops killed all of these civilians and how we are occupying their country?

We've been at war for over 10 years and we are damn tired of it. We are also damn tired of other countries telling us to intervene but then criticizing how we intervene. If something must be done, then do something about it.

I don't want you to send your sons and daughters to a possible death. How dare you even take that line! Who is responsible for setting "limited resources"? "We've been at war for over 10 years ", who's making is that? Peace makers for the planet?

I don't want you to send your sons and daughters to a possible death. How dare you even take that line! Who is responsible for setting "limited resources"? "We've been at war for over 10 years ", who's making is that? Peace makers for the planet?

But you want us to go into Syria, right?

What are my people doing for our own? Well, to begin with, we aren't engaging ourselves in new wars because some Westerner thinks we should....

Look closer to home and stop your own, killing your own! God damn it

• Advertisement

Look closer to home and stop your own, killing your own! God damn it

Lord knows that no Irishman kills another Irishman and no Englishman kills another Englishman. No, that stuff just happens in 'Murica.

Meanwhile, send your troops over to Syria and kill those guys!!

But you want us to go into Syria, right?

I don't want ye to enter Syria, but ye seem to be the masters of everyone's future. Does Washington not have a solution that doesn't result in condemnation from every country, a solution that doesn't result in destruction!

I don't want ye to enter Syria, but ye seem to be the masters of everyone's future. Does Washington not have a solution that doesn't result in condemnation from every country, a solution that doesn't result in destruction!
    Americans when Bloody Sunday happened? Where are they now? even knowing that innocent people are being murdered daily! The Americans, like most "Allies" do what suits them best! when the headlines depends on their reaction. Syria is another misfortunate country that is being ignored! Politics/Oil....!!!!

So what do you want?

So what do you want?

People to realise that they are not the peace keepers of the planet through what they seem to interpret as the only way to maintain "peace and order".. That only results in the loss of lives, on each side of any "conflict"...

People to realise that they are not the peace keepers of the planet through what they seem to interpret as the only way to maintain "peace and order".. That only results in the loss of lives, on each side of any "conflict"...

Mhm. I'll ask in a different way. So you do not want The United States of America to intervene in Syria?

Mhm. I'll ask in a different way. So you do not want The United States of America to intervene in Syria?

Typical response. If you cannot think of an immediate response, that holds in any sense, some sense of morality, why not go for "get out clause"... Do not patronise me, nor do not behave in a manner that does nothing but induce comments that seem a wee bit bordering a self induced propaganda.

such pure anti american crap

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

at least they get lovely weather over there to fcuk

Advertisement