Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick of the "schism"

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Got to say I was one of the first people to have a good ol laugh at the A+ stuff, and guilty of bringing it up the odd time, but at this point I see many people beating many dead equines.

I do believe A+ is doomed to failure. I believe it's a online community being run to the whims of people who're determined to make it hospitable only to people they judge to be acceptable. They tout secular humanism but they practice everything but, and it will never work. The moderators don't seem to know how to manage a community. It's done, I think, and they don't even know it.

I do believe Watson should absolutely be ashamed of herself for equivocating the internet trollery she has faced (which I don't agree with, either) to the genuine horrific lives women all around the world still face. She belittles the cause she says she stands for and their struggles.

At this point though, I think she deserves to be starved of the publicity she so obviously craves and those of us who do expend energy working on whatever shared goals some of us have should go back to that. Elevator gate should have led to an interesting discussion, and perhaps a readjustment for some people as to how they behave in groups- perhaps- and that should have been that.

I don't see the need, for Thunderfoot's latest video (he'd be a fairly interweb-well-known atheist commentator, much like Watson herself). It's the same old argument and has stirred up the whole thing AGAIN, getting Matt Dillahunty involved too. The argument is now circular and you need to know when to walk away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

Well said Doctor Doom. :cool:

Advertisement