Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainfall Showers

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 208 ✭✭daver123

That's on the coatings on the taps not the pumps. 1 to 3 years depending on the pump model..

Hudson Reed supplied the Shower head and that is covered by a 20 year guarantee. The pump was supplied by Salamander and that is covered by a 2 year guarantee. Have a look at the quote below from the Ultra Group website which supply Hudson Reed

The majority of Hudson Reed products are covered by a market-leading 20 year guarantee and the majority of Ultra products are offered with a 10 year guarantee. All Premier shower enclosures and bath screens come witha lifetime guarantee, other Premier products are guaranteed for 5 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 DubGal10

The pics on this website are of old model pumps, the st 55 hasnt been made in 3 years , the showermate the same & the brass body pumps i the pocs havent been made in over 2 years.

Showermate pumps are still stocked in Heatmerchants & Tubs and Tiles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

DubGal10 wrote: »

Showermate pumps are still stocked in Heatmerchants & Tubs and Tiles

Didnt say they werent, I simply stated these pumps were no longer made, & havent been made for years, I am not surprised Hearmerchants have old stock considering they went into recievership 20 months ago, and have been through the mill since then, btw tubs and tiles are heatmerchants.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭An Cigire

So going by the previous comments ball park what could I expect to pay for two rainfall showers for a main bathroom & ensuite which are located side by side.

Could a plumber have both done in two days?

Separately if I was getting a complete central heating system installed would I be better getting the central heating in first?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

An Cigire wrote: »
    So going by the previous comments ball park what could I expect to pay for two rainfall showers for a main bathroom & ensuite which are located side by side.

Could a plumber have both done in two days?

Separately if I was getting a complete central heating system installed would I be better getting the central heating in first?

I answered that one. If your getting a central heating system in then it can be done at the same time. The plumber will most likely fit a Surrey/Warwick flange if your shore is going to be hot water dependent which believe it or not the lazy buggers don't do all the time.

Just get 3 quote and remember

Big shower head = 12 inch
    Riveter riser rail need for cleaning shower and her hair
    Good quality thermostatic shower valve
    60 x18 ind insulated cylinder
    3 bar twin positive head shower pump

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭deandean

+1 on the size, you want about a 12" shower head.

But you need a serious flowrate to get a good shouer, I'd estimate 15 - 20 litres per minute. The pump delivery pressure (3 Bar or whatever) is one thing, but make sure you have the flowrate too.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭u2thepale

deandean wrote: »
    +1 on the size, you want about a 12" shower head.

But you need a serious flowrate to get a good shouer, I'd estimate 15 - 20 litres per minute. The pump delivery pressure (3 Bar or whatever) is one thing, but make sure you have the flowrate too.

Dean /Joey,

Am looking at the following Nicles Shower System,
    http://www.nikles.com/index.php/shower-system-nikles-pure-1-t260-pd10.html

Judging by your comments above regarding the shower head size would I be wise to look at a different system ???

Advertisement