Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013: The End of Facebook?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Its Behind You!

VinLieger wrote: »
    But how will we organise our new years eve 2013 parties without facebook?

Empty baked bean cans connected by lengths of string. Its the new, cheaper way to communicate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

Empty baked bean cans connected by lengths of string. Its the new, cheaper way to communicate.

Baked bean cans for a landline.

Rectangular sardine cans for mobile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Judging by my two kids, it's here to stay for a while longer. They no longer text their friends, if they want to chat, they do so on facebook, because that's where all their other friends go to chat as well.

Considering one's 12, and has about 4-8 more years of talking guff to his mates ahead of him, and texts require credit, and Faceburp is free, I'd say your moneys safeish.

Well, as safeish as a share you probably paid 30+ for and will settle long term at somwhere around 8-10 can be. Can I interest you in a VW Phaeton?:)

Honestly, I really hope Facebook doesn't shut down. Otherwise I'll just have to remember people's birthdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Edmundy

wishful thinking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I hope it doesnt go anywhere. I have friends in America, Spain, England, Denmark, China and an ever growing number in Australia. It would be a pain to try and keep up with them without Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Pottler wrote: »
    Judging by my two kids, it's here to stay for a while longer. They no longer text their friends, if they want to chat, they do so on facebook, because that's where all their other friends go to chat as well.

Considering one's 12, and has about 4-8 more years of talking guff to his mates ahead of him, and texts require credit, and Faceburp is free, I'd say your moneys safeish.

Well, as safeish as a share you probably paid 30+ for and will settle long term at somwhere around 8-10 can be. Can I interest you in a VW Phaeton?:)

Thought the minimum age for fb was 13?

I've come too close to quite a few "Friends You Might know" aka "tossers" whom I did know back in the day. I'm not sure if my renewed awareness of them is a good or bad thing.

But as long as it doesn't negatively effect share price, all FB tossers are Friends o'mine, yes Lordee Lawd!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

I predict Facebook will start its downturn to extinction in 2013. What ya reckon?

I want to know who the fook they are going to extinct.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I hope it doesnt go anywhere. I have friends in America, Spain, England, Denmark, China and an ever growing number in Australia. It would be a pain to try and keep up with them without Facebook.

How did you ever manage without FB.:rolleyes:

You'd swear is was the only thing of its kind. I used MSN for years before FB was even a brain fart and it still does all FB does for me. Now Gmail chat is just as good without all that FB sh1te.

Can't have a night out without a camera shoved in your face every 5 mins thanks to FB. Hope it dies, and digital cameras in pubs and clubs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

They were in Ireland? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Shzm wrote: »
    Thought the minimum age for fb was 13?
    13 months? It could be. Some kids might lie about their age to be able to go fight the cyber-chat war. Shocking stuff, I know.

You'd swear is was the only thing of its kind. I used MSN for years before FB was even a brain fart and it still does all FB does for me. Now Gmail chat is just as good without all that FB sh1te.

Can't have a night out without a camera shoved in your face every 5 mins thanks to FB. Hope it dies, and digital cameras in pubs and clubs.

How true is that...you cant go out for a pint without ending up on someones FB...not good for the cheaters..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

What may happen is that its share price may finally correct itself to its true value. All that will mean is that those like the OP who have bought FB shares will lose much of their stake. Not cool but it is inevitable.

What may happen is that its share price may finally correct itself to its true value. All that will mean is that those like the OP who have bought FB shares will lose much of their stake. Not cool but it is inevitable.

Sorry I just had to check we were still in AH, continue.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

Sorry I just had to check we were still in AH, continue.

Can i finish? Can i finish? Ok, I'm finished.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

Hold on, hold onnnn.....there, you may.

Baby wipes are good, for loads of things, I will not get trapped.

Advertisement