Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please help Aritech CS350 alarm goes off - Curiosity killed the cat!

Options
  • 31-12-2012 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi Forum,

I moved into this house two years ago. It has a Aritech CS350 installed, but I dont know the code. When I moved in, I noticed the IR sensor flashes when people moves around but the alarm control panel only show a green power light. So I just leave it, untill today...

Out of no where, probably stupidity, I deceided to open the IR sensor to have a look inside. So, the internal alarm goes off, the siren is so loud. I tried 1122 and 1278 on the control panel, says access denied. So I decide to cut the line to the siren box. Luckly (or not) the sound dispeared, but the control panel has a red alarm light on.

There is a sticker on the control panel says AES security system but no one answer the phone since it is new year. Now i am very worried the external may go off, or anything might happen before I can find any electrician after new year. What should I do? Any advide would be appreciated!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Power it down completely .Turn off the mains power. Open the main panel , remove the mains fuse beside the transformer in the top left hand corner. Then remove the battery leads from the battery sitting at the bottom. Close up the panel and turn the electricity back on. If the outside bell rings it should stop in around 20 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 leilei

Thanks Koolkid, just to make sure I understand the steps.

1. turn off the mains of the house.
    2. remove the fuse. I have a fuse outside the box. I assume is the one.
    3. unplug the battery, there are two connections.
    4. put the mains back on.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

That's pretty much it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ric65

Advertisement