Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ever lost something sentimental?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭collegeme

My mothers silver bracelet in the Blanchardstown centre a month after she died :( someone must have taken it home. Hurts to think about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭tomthetank

A white gold ring my mam gave me for my 21st birthday.

I don't wear a lot of jewellery (precisely because I tend to lose it) but chose to wear it out one night in Galway during the summer, scored some dude who's friend/flatmate turned out to be a raging aRsehole and kicked me out at 4am when I woke him after going to the bathroom.

100% sure I left my lovely ring and accompanying bracelet on the sink in that bathroom but guy completely denied any knowledge of it and never saw it (or him) again. Scumbags.

That'll teach me to drunkenly score and go home with a randomer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

TwoBirds wrote: »
    In the same vein as this... A hefty portion of my thesis when my laptop froze. Always back up your files, kids. Not taking the piss, it had alot of sentimental value, I was proud of those few thousand words!

Something similar happened me with a 3,500 word essay. It only took about 5 hours to do the first time but when re-doing it nothing sounded right and it pissed me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

My homework, I swear!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭jingler

All of my teenage angst ridden diaries and my english essay copy books from school. I had planned on publishing them one day....:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Had a wallet stolen on me from work a few years ago, my dad gave it to me the first time i went to the usa, was 16 at the time. It had a $1 bill in it, as well as 60 quid in cash... didnt care about the the cash or the cards in it. Kicked up a fuss about it. A few nights later ,went to the bathroom, came back and found it sitting on the counter... minus all the cash except for the $1 bill...

Still have that wallet now, along with the dollar... nearly 20 years old now :)

• Moderators Posts: 51,713 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Our house was burgled years ago. My dad had a locked box with a some money in it but also contained a letter to each of my siblings and myself that was written by my mother on her death-bed. My dad had planned to give each of us the letter on our 18th birthday. And some c*nts probably chucked them in the bin :mad::mad:

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

My favourite Victorinox Swiss Army Knife :(

Advertisement