Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Popular Board Games You Have Never Played

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

keith16 wrote: »
    Oh well lah dee dah "Mr. Zeitgeist"

That song is going to wreck my head for the next, oooooo times up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

Where To wrote: »
    There are no board games for one player.

Not true, I'm sure you'll be very glad to hear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Zab wrote: »
    Friday, the second game in Friese's Freitag-project, (Black Friday was the first) is about Robinson and Friday (Freitag). The player is Friday and must help Robinson to survive and prepare him for the last two battles against the pirates.
    Friday is a deck-building game in which you try to add good cards to the deck and get rid of the bad ones. With this deck you fight against the dangers. If you defeat one danger (card), you will add this card to your deck (good). If you lose against a danger, you lose some health tokens, but you can get rid of the cards you lost with (generally weaker cards).
    If you have no health tokens left and lose one more health point: game over; if you defeat both pirates, you win.

I can barely contain my excitement.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Worked for Hasbro in my teens, board games bring back some bad memories, Trivial Pursuit I can't even look at these days :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Backgammon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

G.K. wrote: »
    Backgammon

Had a lovely bit of that for me dinner with some Parsley sauce :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

kfallon wrote: »
    Worked for Hasbro in my teens, board games bring back some bad memories, Trivial Pursuit I can't even look at these days :mad:

Was it the pie or the chips they stuffed up there? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭im invisible

There are no board games for one player.
    there is a one player board game called solitare, which involves jumping pegs over other pegs into empty holes, not to be confused with the one player card game, coincidently called solitare

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Zab wrote: »

Ha. I had a few geeklists lined up thirty seconds after I saw the original post. :P

There's thousands of board games I've never played, but I'm disappointed I never got a go at Kerplunk when I was a kid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Friday, the second game in Friese's Freitag-project, (Black Friday was the first) is about Robinson and Friday (Freitag). The player is Friday and must help Robinson to survive and prepare him for the last two battles against the pirates.
    Friday is a deck-building game in which you try to add good cards to the deck and get rid of the bad ones. With this deck you fight against the dangers. If you defeat one danger (card), you will add this card to your deck (good). If you lose against a danger, you lose some health tokens, but you can get rid of the cards you lost with (generally weaker cards).
    If you have no health tokens left and lose one more health point: game over; if you defeat both pirates, you win.

I can barely contain my excitement.

Good game too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I've only ever played Monopoly and Snakes and Ladders

I have Cluedo but it looks feckin complicated so I can't be bothered

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Settlers of Catan
    Pandemic
    Carcassone
    Ticket to Ride
    Risk