Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

(PC) Anyone else having problems starting BF3?

• 29-12-2012 2:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33 ✭✭✭ Zedrayas

Howrye lads and ladies , I've been having a couple of problems lately starting up Battlefield 3 through Battlelog/Origin , And a lot more people are getting similar problems since the release of Aftermath and Armored Kill - http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654348060756005/1/

So About ... 2 months ago at most? Battlefield 3 won't start , It says in the pop-up box (in the bottom left hand corner of Battlelog Server Browser) as it usually does : "Connecting To Server" and "Launching Battlefield 3" Then the Origin window which is meant to come up , comes up , syncing with the Cloud Storage and Launching game , but after that window disappears , and when usually you'd have Battlefield 3 coming up on your screen , nothing happens from this point on! So I tried repairing through origin , reinstalling origin , re-downloading/installing battlefield 3 (which took forever with our sh**ty Irish internet in most parts of Ireland) , I tried editing the Regedit for BF3 , I've tried EVERYTHING anyones suggested , including some EA people , and still nothing? I waited for the next few updates but nothing has happened , was gonna buy Premium for Xmas but unless this can be fixed soon I'll spend my money elsewhere , any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Zed.

PS. - It's a Russian Key if that makes any difference, (cheaper) which I got from http://www.cjs-cdkeys.com/ - Which I've been told by many people is trustworthy and secure , and besides Battlefield has been working perfectly since I got it in June for my birthday. I have to use a language changer for each DLC the game gets but its safe , so if that could have anything to do with it , that sucks , but I dont think it does.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,524 ✭✭✭✭ dreamers75

Downloaded the plugin again?

Try a different browser if you cant force it to download again.

Install Chrome/Firefox and it will download the plugin again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 ✭✭✭ Zedrayas

I'll get firefox and see what happens, lets hope your right but to be honest I dont think this'll work , I'll tell you when I've done it!

Didnt work mate , thanks for the suggestion though.
    (It started bf3.exe in task manager processes , as it did with chrome , but after maybe 10 seconds disappeared..)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Dcully

Everyone was having issues yesterday, countless threads on the forums.
    Havent checked today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 ✭✭✭ Zedrayas

Dcully wrote: »
    Everyone was having issues yesterday, countless threads on the forums.
    Havent checked today.

Yes I've heard but I've been having this problem for weeks and weeks now. :/

Advertisement