Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did we exile Larry Murphy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭LiffeyValleyB

He could never live in Ireland with all the publicity and media around him but at least here we could keep an eye on him- the likes of the Sunday World etc are going to get tired of following him around Europe and before long he will just be forgotten about and then he could be murdering women left right and centre around Amsterdam or remote parts of Europe, you cant watch him forever.
    Doesn't everyone deserve a second chance, how are you so sure he'll re offend

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

no he doesnt hes a dirty evil crazed scumbag that should be locked up for life

• Registered Users Posts: 10,715 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

no he doesnt hes a dirty evil crazed scumbag that should be locked up for life
    For what reason should he be locked up?

Do you know more about him than the Gardai?:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

I wonder about the likes of him. Do you think he'll re-offend? Or are people like that who've made the choice of doing such horrors, able to make the choice to never do it again?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Did we essentially exile Larry Murphy. Like in the North the RA exiled drug dealers etc, as a country did we put Larry into exile?

As other have said also, I think the answer is "No".

I wonder though if there is some way to cancel his passport though!

• Advertisement

he was caught on the verge off killing a helpless person
    throw away the key

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

he was caught on the verge off killing a helpless person
    throw away the key

Didn't he also refuse to partake in any treatment / therapy offered to him while he was in prison?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

Did we essentially exile Larry Murphy. Like in the North the RA exiled drug dealers etc, as a country did we put Larry into exile?

No you have to be told to leave, or actually transported to another country and told to stay there to be exiled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

Shows how much trouble our economy is in when even our rapists have to emigrate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

galwayrush wrote: »
    Didn't he also refuse to partake in any treatment / therapy offered to him while he was in prison?

Yes that is correct. However, do you this this impacts on the case in any way? Or his current position?

I'm asking out of interest, not trying to be funny etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Odysseus wrote: »
    Yes that is correct. However, do you this this impacts on the case in any way? Or his current position?

I wondered why he refused it, was he carrying more secrets that may have been revealed while in treatment? I think there is a higher risk of him re offending as opposed to if he had undergone treatment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Whenever I hear the name Larry I always think of 'Leisure Suit Larry' and 'Larry the Log'.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Obviously the Dutch police know who he is and what he's capable of?

I wouldn't depend on that, the way the Gardai operate it's more likely his file has been lost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Odysseus wrote: »

My opinion is that refusal to engage with any and all therapies or programmes offered should remove your chance for early release. He should have served every day of his sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Pretty much I think.

I don't get the obsession, there are worse than him in and out of prisons in Ireland. Look at that joke of a TV3 show where they followed him to The Netherlands.

Like.. why? He done his time, he moved country, has a job... why bother?

Holsten wrote: »
    Pretty much I think.

I don't get the obsession, there are worse than him in and out of prisons in Ireland. Look at that joke of a TV3 show where they followed him to The Netherlands.

Like.. why? He done his time, he moved country, has a job... why bother?

hes a rapist and almost certainly would have been a murderer where it not for those hunters out that night, he deserves never to have a minutes peace for the rest of his scumbag days

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

hes a rapist and almost certainly would have been a murderer where it not for those hunters out that night, he deserves never to have a minutes peace for the rest of his scumbag days

I'm sick of the ****ing hysteria of Murphy.

How do you know he hasn't reformed, and is sorry for his actions?

Honestly, there is more to worry about than the location of some ex con.

if he was sorry im sure there is an easy way for him to make it known that he regrets what he done. the man is an evil animal that has never once, locked up or on the outside, spoke to any sort of professional about his disgusting crime.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

You seem to be forgetting that he's the main suspect in several disappeareances of women in the Leinster area in the 90's.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

darkdubh wrote: »
    You seem to be forgetting that he's the main suspect in several disappeareances of women in the Leinster area in the 90's.

And constant hysteria in the media is going to do exactly what?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

No, the media hounded him into hiding so now we can never be sure where he is. Good job.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Just heard this evening, and can't confirm this. Larry has been expelled from Holland, and is living in an apartment in Rathcoole in Co Dublin. As I say I cant confirm this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Leave Larry alone will ye. He did nothing to any of you. He served his time. I'll gladly buy him a drink and welcome him back to Ireland. Even give him a job. You people are hypocrites!

areyawell wrote: »
    Leave Larry alone will ye. He did nothing to any of you. He served his time. I'll gladly buy him a drink and welcome him back to Ireland. Even give him a job. You people are hypocrites!

You must enjoy forest walks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

areyawell wrote: »

Me too il happily buy the chap a pint-a pint of strychnine!

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

I wonder if he is reading this thread?

_sparkie_ wrote: »
    I wonder if he is reading this thread?

If my information is right, he is out thumbing on the Nass Road at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

If my information is right, he is out thumbing on the Nass Road at the moment.

Thats fairly specific

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Actually, i worry more about people with an attitude like this than i do about scumbag Larry...:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Rebelkell

l

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement