Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Time Travel possible?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Theoretically its possible. You will require a suitable mode of advanced transport to get you from one place to the other!

Earth scientists believe nothing can go faster than the speed of light ( but obviously this may change in the future if there is a discovery of new physics ?) but currently the law of physics states nothing goes faster than the speed of light.

If humans traveled by the speed of light ( getting to places like Mars would be very quick and fast) Time will no longer be constant like it would be on Earth though.

You might not age or feel the effects of time passing. Months passing by on Earth would feel like minutes and hours to you. Its a complicated theory really.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭PhotogTom

I sort of like the tourism aspect. It seems to me that if we had powerful enough telescopes and microphones, it would be a "simple" matter to head far enough away and look back at the correct point in space and time to see ancient Rome, Pyramids being built, etc. In other words, we would need to be 2000 or so light years away from Earth and then look back.
    Oh, we would also need to develop Faster than Light travel or we wouldn't be able to travel far enough and fast enough to do any good.
    Not sure its time travel exactly, but I'd love to read a good novel with that as its premise.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭mathie

PhotogTom wrote: »
    I sort of like the tourism aspect. It seems to me that if we had powerful enough telescopes and microphones, it would be a "simple" matter to head far enough away and look back at the correct point in space and time to see ancient Rome, Pyramids being built, etc. In other words, we would need to be 2000 or so light years away from Earth and then look back.
    Oh, we would also need to develop Faster than Light travel or we wouldn't be able to travel far enough and fast enough to do any good.
    Not sure its time travel exactly, but I'd love to read a good novel with that as its premise.

Covered pretty well in this book
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Island-MMMMMMF-Erotica-Adventures-ebook/dp/B006CRHDSW/ref=sr_1_5?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1356712097&sr=1-5

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭PhotogTom

Not exactly what I had in mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Malibu Sunshine

What would be the point in time travel if you couldn't prevent tragic events?

The knock on effect of changing those events could be a bad thing. Havent you seen Back To The Future 2?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Malibu Sunshine

the REAL question is, does time itself even exist?

Our bosses, girlfriends/boyfriends, wives/husbands say "yes"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Time Travel is of course possible. I stepped inside an Irish train station and I swear to you it was the 70s again

Advertisement