Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I dislike Panto's shows with a passion! Am I on my own?

Options
2»

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 165 ✭✭narddog

Biggins wrote: »
    As the thread title says "I dislike Panto's with a passion! Am I on my own?"?

O no you're not..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

OP, how do you feel about Twank?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

When I was a youngun and went to the panto, and there was a pause in which the actors froze, I focused my stare on one to try and break their character, because I was an evil child.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

wtf is panto? :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

• Advertisement

juan.kerr wrote: »
    OP, how do you feel about Twank?

I feel the person is one letter too many!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,495 ✭✭✭bb1234567

As the thread title says "I dislike Panto's with a passion! Am I on my own?"
    I cannot stand the stupid, irritating, silliness of it all.
    I never got them as a kid in what was supposed to be entertaining use/value and as an adult, they are even worse through an adult perspective.
    I avoid them like they are a dose of the plague.

Now I know "each to their own" - and rightly so. Thats the way it should be.
    I wouldn't nor shouldn't impede anyone else's enjoyment of such shows.
    I am just wondering if anyone feels the same as me... that they are a load of stupid cobbers?

Yeah theyre awful, but I dunno I love them at the same time:) Gets me in the christmas mood, and makes me feel really good. Are pantos an Irish thing or do they do them around the world?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

I feel the person is one letter too many!

Is she that well built?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Loved going to the Maureen Potter ones in the Gaiety when I was a kid. Real sense of occasion about them and the place. All the ones I've been to since were a real chore to sit through. Thought that the oh so adorable Billy Barry Kids Brats were Satans Children from a very early age. Said that in school once, and the nuns sent a stiffly worded letter home to my mammy. She was none too impressed, but my father pissed himself laughing over it. He hated being dragged to them every year. Good times !

bb1234567 wrote: »
    Yeah theyre awful, but I dunno I love them at the same time:) Gets me in the christmas mood, and makes me feel really good. Are pantos an Irish thing or do they do them around the world?

I think (open to be wrong) that they are mainly an Irish/British thing in the form that we get them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,814 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Loved going to the Maureen Potter ones in the Gaiety when I was a kid. Real sense of occasion about them and the place.
    +1

But you wouldn't wish Twink on anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

No I wouldn't, but I did take my nieces to some of the pantos that she did with Dustin The Turkey. This was back in his Faith of Our Feathers days, when he was actually being funny. This was also around the time when Twink almost lost her house from the shady solicitor goings on. She got some fierce awful (but very funny) slaggings from Dustin about it all. I am no fan of the woman in general, but I remember thinking fair dues to her for taking that night after night. It went over my nieces heads, but I thought it was hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

I for one love Panties, especially if they're on a beautiful, shapely woman and I have no idea what the rest of ye weirdos are on about.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

I have honestly never been to a panto in my life, not even as a kid. I am however going to Dublin this weekend to see Jedward's panto with my niece :confused:

I have honestly never been to a panto in my life, not even as a kid. I am however going to Dublin this weekend to see Jedward's panto with my niece :confused:

Bring a book to read! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Loved going to the Maureen Potter ones in the Gaiety when I was a kid. Real sense of occasion about them and the place. All the ones I've been to since were a real chore to sit through. Thought that the oh so adorable Billy Barry Kids Brats were Satans Children from a very early age. Said that in school once, and the nuns sent a stiffly worded letter home to my mammy. She was none too impressed, but my father pissed himself laughing over it. He hated being dragged to them every year. Good times !

The Billy Barry Kids. Never understood why people liked them? The bloody Toy Show would be on the Late Late and instead of showing toys, you'd hear "oh it's the Billy Barries!" from my aunts or mother like it was a treat or something.

Satan's Children isn't the phrase for it.:mad:

(No offense to former Billy Barrys on here)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

wtf is panto? :confused:

A live action transvestite Youtube clip.

The Billy Barry Kids. Never understood why people liked them? The bloody Toy Show would be on the Late Late and instead of showing toys, you'd hear "oh it's the Billy Barries!" from my aunts or mother like it was a treat or something.

Satan's Children isn't the phrase for it.:mad:

(No offense to former Billy Barrys on here)

I've yet to meet a child or former child who actually liked the little sh*ts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

I've yet to meet a child or former child who actually liked the little sh*ts.

Well, everyone is a former child, but I get you.:)

Well, everyone is a former child, but I get you.:)

Well, if they are a child, they would be a current as opposed to a former, child:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭poolboy

Hated pantos as a kid have kids myself now have always said I would do anything for them but it turns out I wouldn't. They are going on Wednesday and daddy is refusing to go saw a clip of that twat from tv3 singing gangnam style on tv and I decided I couldn't do it persuaded granny to take the ticket thank fcuk

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭spankysue

Never been to a panto in my life, but I can't stand Twink so I don't think I missed anything good :)

Advertisement