Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off topic golf thread!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Lets be civil lads.

Some things may have changed here, but not everything.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

slave1 wrote: »
    Welcome back, as that feckin song from that fecking film says "the past is in the past, let it go". Looking forward to your posts.

Sorry, rereading it now and apols if this came across as any way negative, not the spirit of the post at all at all

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Sorry, rereading it now and apols if this came across as any way negative, not the spirit of the post at all at all

No worries.

BTW - that song fries my head as well!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

I prefer the ICF's calling card "we come in peace we leave you in pieces" a right nasty bunch and always tried to live up to their word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

Good to see as the board had been a wee bit testy lately, poeple must be getting cabin fever and itching for a game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

charlieIRL wrote: »
    No worries.

BTW - that song fries my head as well!!!!:D

Can't embed images on the phone but this was me over Christmas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I've had to change my username slightly as i had used an old closed email address for my old account and was having no joy re activating my old account- (can anyone help?)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=98

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=30

Hey gorfield, Might be no harm to ask in one of the links above - one of the Community mods/Manager might be able to give you a dig out if you can prove you are who you say you are :)

Probably the Help Desk more than Newbie FAQ one

Rikand wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=98

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=30

Hey gorfield, Might be no harm to ask in one of the links above - one of the Community mods/Manager might be able to give you a dig out if you can prove you are who you say you are :)

Probably the Help Desk more than Newbie FAQ one

Once an account is closed thats it, it cannot be re-activated.

oh

ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Dealerz

Some day for the oscillating balls!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,841 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

not liking being in Ireland. Came home last night from the sun to a house full of Christmas decorations, this time yesterday I was here, and now I'm here :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Anatom

Seve OB wrote: »
    not liking being in Ireland. Came home last night from the sun to a house full of Christmas decorations, this time yesterday I was here, and now I'm here :(

Ouch - that'd hurt alright! Wrap up warm. Given the weather we're apparently about to have, there'll be no real golf for a few days yet!!

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Dealerz

I'm torn between one of the best qb's to get one more ring, and hoping the cheating bastids lose cause of deflate gate!

Oh and I'm recording it so I don't know the score.

Go redskins!

Hoping to see the game somewhere later today myself. Already know the result, but spoiling is no fun :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I watched the first half live and then recorded the rest and watched it first thing this morning. Fantastic game and last few mins were brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭dwd

Just sitting down to watch it now on 4od

• Registered Users Posts: 8,443 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Thought it was interesting to see that they simulated the superbowl on Madden & it came out with the exact score of the game & the way it played out too.

Supposedly it's predicted 8 of the last 10 results correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

For anyone on twitter....see a poem of your life.
    No surprise mine was heavily golf influenced :D

http://poetweet.com.br/?lang=en

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

For anyone who grew up in the 90's

Nostalgic

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MftOONlDQac

Kia Sportage 1.7diesel ~2011-2012, needs to comfortably keep my clubs and trolley as they live in the boot, would also need to cater for two sets of clubs in the boot.
    Thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

Kia Sportage 1.7diesel ~2011-2012, needs to comfortably keep my clubs and trolley as they live in the boot, would also need to cater for two sets of clubs in the boot.
    Thoughts?

My dad looked at one when he was looking for a car which could hold two bikes. Chose the i40 estate instead, think it's slightly bigger, same engine and better fuel economy from what I remember.

I think the Sportage are a great yoke though.

Thanks for reply, looking for a car with better ingress, stooping down to seat not enjoyable with my Tiger back...

Thanks for reply, looking for a car with better ingress, stooping down to seat not enjoyable with my Tiger back...

At the time he looked at the Kuga also. The new X-Trail maybe? Don't know about them money wise though.

Think the Sportage is on the limit finance wise, I'm not a major petrol head so functionality over performance for me, with Tiger knees too it has to be a light gearbox (my glutes are grand!).

Think the Sportage is on the limit finance wise, I'm not a major petrol head so functionality over performance for me, with Tiger knees too it has to be a light gearbox (my glutes are grand!).

I've always been a fan of the VW Tiguan but unfortunately I know very little about prices of used cars anymore to be able to compare.

I doubt you'd go wrong with the Sportage though. What will you be coming from?

Avensis

I bought a new car there 2 weeks ago, went for a Santa Fe. There's 7 seats in it (2 of which I don't need) but that means tons of room in the boot.
    If you can suffer the big tax they are very handy on diesel, 1000kms for €80 so far. Lot more comfortable than the xtrail Too.

Santa Fe would be too big for me, we have a SMax and that's plenty big if required...

****ing car dealers, all the same, just wasted a journey to look at a 2011 Sportage with full service history, took for a drive etc, then looked at the service book and only stamped twice for a 84k car, what a waste of time, just got out and left your man there and drove home, better things to be doing with my life:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Golfgorfield

****ing car dealers, all the same, just wasted a journey to look at a 2011 Sportage with full service history, took for a drive etc, then looked at the service book and only stamped twice for a 84k car, what a waste of time, just got out and left your man there and drove home, better things to be doing with my life:mad:

Never in my life have i left a car dealer feeling satisfied with anything.

On another note, i viewed a BMW 320d on Sunday morning privately, lovely car, went home, did cartell check, all good so phoned the seller to chat money, did a deal on the phone and said id be over at 4pm with deposit and would collect today after going to the bank.
    1/2 way over he texts me to say someone else came to see the car and gave him €300 more so he sold it....... FML it was a beauty with full BMWSH and only 1 owner.

Advertisement