Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cats: What does your opinion say about you?

Options
  • 22-12-2012 1:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭

So you hear some folk say "I don't like cats, they're selfish, dogs are loyal" and the reverse I've heard said too, "Cats are independent and clever, dogs are dumb and needy".

Well I reckon opinions like that reveal more about the persons character than the natural characteristics of an animal...what ya reckon?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I like both, animals are deadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Its Behind You!

CianRyan wrote: »

Superb answer Cian, says a lot about you! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭splendid101

I completely agree.

When someone doesn't like cats, my I instantly lose a bit if respect for them. Especially if they feel cats are untrustworthy or "evil".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

I reckon that people that reckon opinions like that reveal more about the persons character than the natural characteristics of an animal actually reveal more about the persons character than the person who prefers one animal over the other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

I do love them both but cats are bast*rds, they always break my heart by just disappearing without a trace, then they just walk back into your life as if nothing happened and think we can carry on as it was, i don't think so, i have too much respect for myself to be treated like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Culleeo

I don't like cats or dogs, or any animal for that fact. I don't like calling to someone who has a cat or dog in the house, my clothes are full of cat/dog hair after sitting on their couch. Disgusting to say the least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭movingsucks

I don't get how a person can "love" one and "hate" another.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

cats are untrustworthy and evil, they will eat you if you die in their presence, dogs will just protect, I know someone and their house was getting robbed, the cat ran to the front and meooowed, it never phased the burglar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

I don't dislike cats I just prefer dogs.

• Advertisement

cats are untrustworthy and evil, they will eat you if you die in their presence, dogs will just protect, I know someone and their house was getting robbed, the cat ran to the front and meooowed, it never phased the burglar.
    I know someone who was attacked and savaged by their own dog, how's that for untrustworthy and evil?
    I know someone who was upstairs when they heard their cat bawling and screaming at the window outside downstairs and when they went down to see what the fuss was they found the dinner was burning in the oven.
    Everyone has loads of stories like these.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

I prefer dogs, they are just more fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I find cats to be more chewy than dogs. Frank's sauce helps though.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mensch Maschine

Funny OP, I had a similar thought and discussion recently. I always hear people saying they love dogs but not cats becuase cats are selfish etc. I thought it was a selfish comment. A dog gives so much love but not cats, it's no reason to 'hate' them.

I like both.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,295 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I prefer cats, but I recognise that this is just a personal preference and does not make any kind of statement about me or people who prefer other pets. Or no pets.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

CianRyan wrote: »

Delicious too.

For the record, I do not eat cats or dogs

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mensch Maschine

SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    Delicious too

Terrible in the sack though.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I don't get how a person can "love" one and "hate" another.

You can prefer one to the other alright, I prefer cats but like dogs. Some cats are assholes, some dogs are too. Cats can be hilarious though, a box and laser pointer= endless entertainment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 166 ✭✭peterk675

Dogs are the number one pet between Ireland and England, so you can understand as to how there is so much love towards them. As for cats , im not a big fan tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2135664/Starving-dogs-eat-animal-hoarders-corpse-Ohio.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I like both.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

I like dogs. I can not stand the purring sound cats make

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

"cats are for homosexuals" - Socrates

Funny OP, I had a similar thought and discussion recently. I always hear people saying they love dogs but not cats becuase cats are selfish etc. I thought it was a selfish comment. A dog gives so much love but not cats, it's no reason to 'hate' them.

I like both.

Indeed, I wont go too much into what I do for a living, but there seems to be a greater love for dogs and a deep dislike/hate for cats held by people who are a bit more "vunerable", shall we say.

I think that an intense dislike either way, might reveal elements of a persons characteristics or life experience...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I used to be a big cat person, but now I am a dog person, though I would never say no to a cat. I love them too, but not as much these two sausages!

07956303-5B3D-499F-8B90-A9099576D317-14886-000022DA4C92F93E.jpg

omahaid wrote: »
    I reckon that people that reckon opinions like that reveal more about the persons character than the natural characteristics of an animal actually reveal more about the persons character than the person who prefers one animal over the other.

:D

I would respond but I can't get my head around it...you have me beat:D :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Cats are cool until they put their ass all up in your face.

Dogs are cool until they hump and jizz on your leg.

Goldfish are where its at nowadays.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

...Goldfish are where its at nowadays.

Amateur!

Piranha for the win!
    Have fun feeding those buggers! :D

Cats are cool until they put their ass all up in your face.

Dogs are cool until they hump and jizz on your leg.

Goldfish are where its at nowadays.
    I totally agree but I'm fairly sure my canary goldfish would eat me if he could :) I love that yellow bastard anyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

I like cats AND dogs, but this Christmas we are sticking to Turkey.

Advertisement