Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your New Years Resolutions

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Health and fitness is to take priority over work from now on. None of the 'oh I better finish this or get this done for work', instead of going for a swim or a walk.

Continue learning German.

Buy a CDJ 2000.

Sell some of my older DJ gear and organise the stuff I'm keeping.

Go to Berlin and London in the summer.

Play soccer on Sunday nights with mates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Move out/ move country if I've made my mind up on the latter

Start picking up my weights instead of looking at them with a beer bottle in my hand

Join a gym and stick to stricter routine

Get back to training

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭purplegeko

Make use of my gym membership i bought last June

Drink more water

Don't waste my time on people who don't make me happy

Grab life by the wotsits & Start living!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

I'm buying a violin and learning how to play it. Been wanting one for about 2 years now.
    Tomorrow with a hangover, I shall buy one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I will not accept any cheques for work, cash only.
    No work without 50% up front, and no work to leave my work shop without balance paid in full.
    See Rush in Amsterdam, Cologne and Berlin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭Red About Town

purplegeko wrote: »
    Grab life by the wotsits & Start living!

That line sums up what I am going to do as well.

I feel, over the last couple of years, I've been drifting by. No more - getting stuck into everything from now on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

My New Years Resolutions is to lose weight and continue on the progress from 2012.

Last Year I set myself ambitious targets to save money and travel, I gave up drinking Coke entirely and my entire alcohol consumption for 2012 amounted to two capfuls of Baileys over the trifle of my Christmas Day dinner. I lost 1 stone weight in 2012 mainly attributed to my giving up Coca Cola. I saved 60% of my income for the year, 10% ahead of target, and spent 4 weeks travelling in Asia during the spring, I did the trip for 7% under budget too.

For 2013, I have 30,000 of airmiles already booked and plan to hit the gym hard to convert 2 stone of fat into muscle over the next 5 months.

2012 for me was one of the better years and was ahead of 2011 on several fronts.

Long term goal working to get out of Ireland for good, I kept a diary for 2012 in which I recorded 321 days of rain or wetness, (my sister filled it in while I was abroad), over 100 of these were between May to August. The sooner I get out of this windswept rain soaked hell hole the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

Stinicker wrote: »
    My New Years Resolutions is to lose weight and continue on the progress from 2012.

Last Year I set myself ambitious targets to save money and travel, I gave up drinking Coke entirely and my entire alcohol consumption for 2012 amounted to two capfuls of Baileys over the trifle of my Christmas Day dinner. I lost 1 stone weight in 2012 mainly attributed to my giving up Coca Cola. I saved 60% of my income for the year, 10% ahead of target, and spent 4 weeks travelling in Asia during the spring, I did the trip for 7% under budget too.

For 2013, I have 30,000 of airmiles already booked and plan to hit the gym hard to convert 2 stone of fat into muscle over the next 5 months.

2012 for me was one of the better years and was ahead of 2011 on several fronts.

Long term goal working to get out of Ireland for good, I kept a diary for 2012 in which I recorded 321 days of rain or wetness, (my sister filled it in while I was abroad), over 100 of these were between May to August. The sooner I get out of this windswept rain soaked hell hole the better.

Wow, fair play. It's a bit depressing but you put the rain diary like that.

My resolutions are to get even fitter, travel to Scandinavia, set up a proper budgeting system so that I'm better with my money and start seriously getting a portfolio together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Fair play to Stinicker, hate to be the pessimist but how many of you will end up losing the weight in 2013? Its very difficult to lose weight but quite easy to put on it on in a relapse unless you are absolutely dedicated to your new lifestyle and resist temptations to go back to your old ways.

gurramok wrote: »
    Fair play to Stinicker, hate to be the pessimist but how many of you will end up losing the weight in 2013?

I will, mostly because I allowed myself to eat whatever the hell I wanted over Christmas knowing I'll be good again come 2013. Whatever weight I have put on since silly season begun, I'll lose it within the first couple of weeks. I don't do new years resolutions though.

• Advertisement

I will, mostly because I allowed myself to eat whatever the hell I wanted over Christmas knowing I'll be good again come 2013. Whatever weight I have put on since silly season begun, I'll lose it within the first couple of weeks. I don't do new years resolutions though.

Ok, thats Xmas stuffing yourself :) Short term gain will translate to short term loss with usual dedication. Some posters have put on long term weight, it will be alot harder for them to make that challenge.

gurramok wrote: »
    Ok, thats Xmas stuffing yourself :) Short term gain will translate to short term loss with usual dedication. Some posters have put on long term weight, it will be alot harder for them to make that challenge.

Ah I know :) I did that in 2012 and I'm very happy with my pre Xmas weight for the mostpart! A stone and a half lighter than the beginning of the year.

Ah I know :) I did that in 2012 and I'm very happy with my pre Xmas weight for the mostpart! A stone and a half lighter than the beginning of the year.

Fair play, i'm(and other posters) are jealous :) Dedication long term :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Taking care of myself better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Don't usually make any. But might put a few to paper later.

Whatever happens, here's hoping for a good year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

To go vegan

To stop letting my house get so messy that I can't see the floor

To stop looking at nonsense on the internet at this time of night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Pay no bills, just burn/bin them

remove stress from my life

Advise from a cardiac nurse as I recover from triple heart surgery

I actually triad this advise before my cardiac event, I faced eviction, power disconnection, SKY sent debt collectors and despite paying no tax for ten years, am on SW.

2013 is a year I was not expecting,, like Homer Simpson, I did not think I'd live this long, and then those Mayen's were wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Harry Burns

No more Sugar, Dairy Products, Meat high in Nitrates, Gluten, Vegetables sprayed with Pesticides, drink or food from Aluminum cans, Phytate rich or Omega 6 dominant foods, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Hydrogenated Trans fats or Crystal meth.

Advertisement