Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Falling in love at the drop of a hat.

Options
  • 21-12-2012 12:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭

It was about an hour ago. There she was, stunning. Exactly my type, perfect everything. We shared a moment, she gave me a cute little smile and then she was gone.
    I've had a sliding doors feeling for the last hour like my life has turned on a pivot and it could have gone on to something else. I could be falling into bed with her, her legs around me, playing with my hair. I want to put my face to her neck and smell her.
    Jesus I must be having a breakdown. :pac:

This is what a dry spell does to sanity. But no. She was wow. I'm dying inside. Or something. This might be an existential crisis of some kind.

Anyone ever suffer this syndrome? Did it work out? Why am I sitting here alone?! Don't answer that! I'm definitely dying inside. I feel like John Cusack in every film he's ever been in. I like that guys style.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Personal Issues is
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>. that way buddy

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

go knit a jumper ya nancy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Have a ****. Be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Stainless_Steel

Time for a Tom hank...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

kryogen wrote: »
    Personal Issues is
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>. that way buddy

I only see a poorly made arrow pointing to the right of my screen. You give terrible awful directions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

I've been there many a time OP and I always think of this scene in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

It's so true :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Go back to where you saw her.
    Tomorrow.
    You never know!!

phasers wrote: »
    go knit a jumper ya nancy!

Is that a **** euphemism? It's what everyone else is recommending? Do the people over in PI tell people to **** away their issues? Is that Freud? He was a bit odd I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭The Jammy dodger

Stalker!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Strawberry Fields

Really good reaction to being shot down.
    I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

Or try love at the drop of a bar of soap.
    Prison-stylee!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭The Idyl Race

Shryke wrote: »
    It was about an hour ago. There she was, stunning. Exactly my type, perfect everything. We shared a moment, she gave me a cute little smile and then she was gone.
    I've had a sliding doors feeling for the last hour like my life has turned on a pivot and it could have gone on to something else. I could be falling into bed with her, her legs around me, playing with my hair. I want to put my face to her neck and smell her.

This is what a dry spell does to sanity. But no. She was wow. I'm dying inside. Or something. This might be an existential crisis of some kind.

Anyone ever suffer this syndrome? Did it work out? Why am I sitting here alone?! Don't answer that! I'm definitely dying inside. I feel like John Cusack in every film he's ever been in. I like that guys style.

It's sweet, it's just like the movies.

Run, Flee. Meet a woman in Coppers or anything other than the Grand Romance.

This happened to me on two occasions. The first time I simply buggered up my career in London, returning to Ireland ten years too soon and blown out by the woman who was spouse hunting the way some ladies shop in Brown Thomas.

The second woman I made the effort to meet her again, wooed her over a number of months and eventually moved in with her in the West of England. She turned out to be psychobitch from Hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Wait... what? She gave you a smile? Did you even speak to her?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Strawberry Fields

It's sweet, it's just like the movies.

Run, Flee. Meet a woman in Coppers or anything other than the Grand Romance.

This happened to me on two occasions. The first time I simply buggered up my career in London, returning to Ireland ten years too soon.

The second time I met her again, wooed her over a number of months and eventually moved in with her in the West of England. She turned out to be psychobitch from Hell.

Agreed, learn to play lovely little bike and leave it at that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Yeah sure, that's what your imagining her playing with.

twould want to be some hat

@Pasta That is a great film. Actually another girl I was into was always a bit quiet and away with herself but smart and confident too.
    No one ever got near her. I gave her a copy of that film and she told me I was the fifth guy to do so. She was pretty out there, but in a fairly cool sound kind of way.
    Stalker!

Do you have an address because I'm looking for constructive posts. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

Ye shared a moment? Like ye talked for two minutes? Or did ye have a good long chat? Otherwise you can't really tell. I've got over-excited meself somtimes about someone I've met or seen briefly. Half the fun is imagining the possibilities. Certainly more fun than the boring "did you remember the bog-roll?" conversation you'd be having 5 years down the line if it worked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Thats not love..thats seeing someone you fancied :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Stainless_Steel

How was that ****?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭justaskin likeyakno

Some people fall in love really easily, then fall out of it just as quick. But, you'll never know unless you chase after her, falling in love is the best bit, it's all ****e and paying bills after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Lucena wrote: »
    Certainly more fun than the boring "did you remember the bog-roll?" conversation you'd be having 5 years down the line if it worked out.

They are important conversations, have you ever gone for a sh#t without bog roll in the house? Not fun I tell you, and they were my favourite pair of socks too :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

make a table out of her skin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭petersburg2002

Console yourself knowing that she won't look like that forever. Age is a cruel companion.

@The Idyl Race
    Sorry to hear about all of that. That sounds pretty awful.
    Chucken wrote: »
    Thats not love..thats seeing someone you fancied :p

Sure is. Did she fancy me back a fair bit though? I could be rolling around a kitchen floor somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Yep, about 10 times a day dude!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

More like falling in love at the drop of the hand AH SHUR BAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Stick her in the **** bank and move on lad. Also, get yourself to coppers asap. There are some not so lovely nurses looking to help you end your dry spell. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I tripped over my cap and banged my nose off the door earlier. It fell off my head you see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

I feel like John Cusack in every film he's ever been in. I like that guys style.
    It's 2012! FCUK NO!

Advertisement