Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Disability Allowance - Arrears - waiting time

Options
  • 19-12-2012 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭

Hello there. I'm wondering if people can tell me how long they were waiting to be paid the arrears on their disability allowance.
    People on Jobseekers get theirs with in a week. Now i've been waiting a month for mine. Well 5 weeks to be exact, and i'm wondering how long it took others for their arrears to be sorted.

Thanks in advance to any assistance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

I was waiting 6 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

My appeal was accepted in June and I got the arrears cheque in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭livemusic4life

Thanks owryan and booters. so 6 weeks and 3 months respectively. I was initially told before christmas but when i phoned yesterday i was told March :(

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Bof No1

Hi Livemusic4life, glad to see that you were sorted for the D.A. Just been cleared myself and the arrears payment question would have been my next post. When you called, was it to the D.A. section in Longford, or another section? I was talking to D.A. section on Friday afternoon, clarifying part of my allowance payment and they had to call me back. Fair play to them, they did and while I was on to them, I asked about the arrears and was told 6 to 10 weeks. Is there a separate Dept. for this I wonder and are they just plucking figures out of thin air? Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭livemusic4life

I phoned the DA people. I was told i was approved at the end of November, I got my first payment in December 12th 2012 and my arrears were paid the start of march 2013. Times may be more or less now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Bof No1

Just a follow up on this, all arrears paid into my bank account today. Just under 3 weeks from first payment to my account, after my claim was allowed and now all arrears paid in full into same. Hope this gives someone a bit of hope for the new year, it has me. Cheers, Bof No1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 roisinp2111

Did you get your arrears back into your account with your DA payment on the same day or in a separate payment on a different day? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Did you get your arrears back into your account with your DA payment on the same day or in a separate payment on a different day? Thanks

I got my my first DA payment over a month ago and I am still waiting for arrears. Does anyone know how long this will take?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I got my first disability payment 4 weeks ago and I'm also still waiting on arrears! I'm not sure how long it takes to get back or if they come with your normal payment or as a separate payment??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

I got my first disability payment 4 weeks ago and I'm also still waiting on arrears! I'm not sure how long it takes to get back or if they come with your normal payment or as a separate payment??

At this time of the year you’ll expect to be waiting at least another 2 weeks.
    Sure you’ll be able to do your Christmas shopping now!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 roisinp2111

I got my arrears back exactly 5weeks after I first started receiving my DA payments. I got one lump payment on the Wednesday of €468...ie €198 DA and €270 in arrears. Such a relief 😌

Advertisement