Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dating agencys not websites

Options
  • 16-12-2012 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭

hI

Just wondering has anyone ever tried "Two's company" or something similiar.

I was thinking of giving it a shot but wondering is it a waste of money..

M

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Havn't personally no. I wonder how much is it approximately. There was a guy on the radio all week singing the praises of some Dating Agency crowd called Contro or Intro or something.

On reading that ya come into the world alone and ya leave it alone, (which of course is completely true just never think of it like that,) it has made me wonder why bother!!!! :D:/ It's all a means to an end anyway! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

OP there's a really good thread on online dating in The Gentlemans Club - you might get the answers you're looking for there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Havn't personally no. I wonder how much is it approximately. There was a guy on the radio all week singing the praises of some Dating Agency crowd called Contro or Intro or something.

On reading that ya come into the world alone and ya leave it alone, (which of course is completely true just never think of it like that,) it has made me wonder why bother!!!! :D:/ It's all a means to an end anyway! :/

To have someone to share your life with! With that attitude why bother about family or friends!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

I didn't even know such companies existed in Ireland. In fact, the only thing I know about these agencies is that Del Boy met Raquel using one in Only Fools and Horses :)

Anyway, I called called Intro today. Apparently, they are the only registered company in Ireland (that was their sales pitch). They say they have about 1000 members with a wide range of ages. It is €400 for 4 dates with people based on your match criteria. 1 in 4 members end up in long term relationships and 1 in 3 members hear about the place through good word of mouth. Again, that is their sales pitch but it's probably true.

Having been stuck in a rut for a while and with no interest in the club scene, I might give it a go in the new year.

I didn't even know such companies existed in Ireland. In fact, the only thing I know about these agencies is that Del Boy met Raquel using one in Only Fools and Horses :)

Anyway, I called called Intro today. Apparently, they are the only registered company in Ireland (that was their sales pitch). They say they have about 1000 members with a wide range of ages. It is €400 for 4 dates with people based on your match criteria. 1 in 4 members end up in long term relationships and 1 in 3 members hear about the place through good word of mouth. Again, that is their sales pitch but it's probably true.

Having been stuck in a rut for a while and with no interest in the club scene, I might give it a go in the new year.

That is VERY expensive. I wonder how many time you have to hand over 400 quid before you meet someone you like etc! Why not try internet dating instead?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

OP why do you specifically want agencies instead of websites?

Online dating is free, and more importantly, you can arrange dates based on your own judgement and instincts, from chatting to the person first. Rather than arranging dates based on the opinion of someone in an office somewhere who knows neither of you!

Online dating is free, and more importantly, you can arrange dates based on your own judgement and instincts, from chatting to the person first. Rather than arranging dates based on the opinion of someone in an office somewhere who knows neither of you!

Yes. The paid site cut out a lot of the crap as well IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

I have tired online dating both paid and free sites and although went on lot of dates, I never met anyone that is had a relationship with, I guess I heard these agency advertised on the radio and just wondered what they were like, they seem so expensive and as a previous poster said how many of those 1 in 4 that met a partner paid and few times

1 in 4 members end up in long term relationships.

I would really struggle to believe that claim.

Advertisement