Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what's considered tall?

Options
  • 13-12-2012 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

what height do you consider to be tall for a man?

I'm just over 6 foot which i consider to be average.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

For an Irish woman, the average height is 5'4'' so anything over that is taller than average. Most "tall" ranges in shops for women are aimed at women 5'7''-5'8'' and over. I'm 5'7'' so a bit of an awkward one.

For men, average is 5'10''.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

For an Irish woman, the average height is 5'4'' so anything over that is taller than average. Most "tall" ranges in shops for women are aimed at women 5'7''-5'8'' and over. I'm 5'7'' so a bit of an awkward one.

For men, average is 5'10''.

Where did u hear that????

Average for men is about 5'8'' & for women its around the 5'4" mark. Over 6ft is considered tall.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭cch

leonidas83 wrote: »
    Average for men is about 5'8'' & for women its around the 5'4" mark. Over 6ft is considered tall.

That's including everyone of all ages. If we could find out the averages for under 30s (say) then I reckon it'd be higher and that's why the OP thinks he's average.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Not a tLL thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement