Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rope in LIDL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Would 20 metres be enough for Christmas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Great, breaking load is 9 times what I need

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Thats pretty crappy rope to be honest.
    If you need good rope Lidl isn't the place to buy it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Seen a lot of stuff on BA over the years but never thought I would see rope :pac:

Suppose that's what makes the site so good, you never know what to expect. Thanks op :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Thursday 20th,,which is tomorrow week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭long_b

Is it new rope ... or ... eh ... used ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

Does anyone want to go halves? I only need 10m.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Am I missing something here?

Am I missing something here?

some rope perhaps??:pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Aciiiiiiiiiiid

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Thats pretty crappy rope to be honest

Wrong..
    Robustly made from three braided strands

In all seriousness it's a pretty good price for 20 metres of rope, good quality or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

long_b wrote: »
    Is it new rope ... or ... eh ... used ? :D
    What, money for old rope? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

Anybody affected by the issues in this thread can contact Samaritans on......

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

These gloves are also on special offer on the 20th.

C1fVw.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

BA is on fire today between this and the Sony headphone thread :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

paddy147 wrote: »

some rope perhaps??:pac::D
    I'll take 10 then. Strangle whoever gets me **** presents this year.

jakdublin wrote: »
    BA is on fire today between this and the Sony headphone thread :-D

Dont forget my Tetley teabags too.:pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Two ropes walk in to a bar, one rope calls the bartender and says "Barkeep, let me get a couple of beers." The bartender says "I'm sorry we dont serve ropes in here."

Frustrated the ropes walk out and, since this was the only bar in town, they thought about it a little while when finally one rope says "I've got an idea." So he gets him self into a bind and frizzles his ends and walks back into the bar and says "Barkeep, can I get a couple of beers."

The barkeep says "Sure, but aren't you those same two ropes that came in here earlier?" The rope answers "Nope, I'm a frayed knot."

Hogzy wrote: »
    Two ropes walk in to a bar, one rope calls the bartender and says "Barkeep, let me get a couple of beers." The bartender says "I'm sorry we dont serve ropes in here."

Frustrated the ropes walk out and, since this was the only bar in town, they thought about it a little while when finally one rope says "I've got an idea." So he gets him self into a bind and frizzles his ends and walks back into the bar and says "Barkeep, can I get a couple of beers."

The barkeep says "Sure, but aren't you those same two ropes that came in here earlier?" The rope answers "Nope, I'm a frayed knot."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Something to cut the rope with.... :rolleyes:

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys2_23173.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

This place is as random as ever!

Stool anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

These gloves are also on special offer on the 20th.

C1fVw.jpg
    All we need now is a special on ski masks and we're set.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Somebody must be pulling strings if the Mods allow this tread to continue!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

CJhaughey wrote: »
    If you need good rope Lidl isn't the place to buy it.
    Take a walk around any harbour in the country and you'll see the rope that lidl did about 3 years ago is used to secure a lot of boats, including some very expensive boats. It really was great quality stuff last time and it floats which is a benefit for marine usage.

Though from the picture its not the same product this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭loremolis

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Take a walk around any harbour in the country and you'll see the rope that lidl did about 3 years ago is used to secure a lot of boats, including some very expensive boats. It really was great quality stuff last time and it floats which is a benefit for marine usage.

I don't get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

Did any one get the rope. I need to borrow it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭homer911

This has got to be a contender for TOTD - LOL, great start to my day...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,699 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

AgileMyth wrote: »

And having used the stuff on my own boat, I can confirm that you get what you pay for. It's turns brittle very quickly and I wouldn't trust it to hang the washing on. This warning is echoed across most boat forums where people think they spot this bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭PhilieQuinn

Hogzy wrote: »

Classic. That's one of my favourites. If there's a bad rope joke, I haven't heard it.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭TMC99

There were 10 blondes and 1 brunette hanging on a rope in the mountains. the rope was very weak and the brunette said someone had to let go. no one volunteered, until the brunette finally said she would let go, and gave a heart-felt speech. hearing this the blondes started clapping...

(I'll get my rope now ..)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I'm in knots here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement