Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storage Wars is Fake, Dave Hester Fired.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

I wonder are the crabs in Deadliest Catch put in the cages :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

karltimber wrote: »
    I wonder are the crabs in Deadliest Catch put in the cages :D

I wouldn't know much about the show, but from watching bits here or there, I always get the feeling like all these shows that the 'relationships & arguments' type stuff is all false & scripted. I'm sure the fishing is real though :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

EnterNow wrote: »
    I wouldn't know much about the show, but from watching bits here or there, I always get the feeling like all these shows that the 'relationships & arguments' type stuff is all false & scripted. I'm sure the fishing is real though :D

One way to find out - go to Howth/killybegs pier and ask the lads there to talk about their feelings to each other :) ..... a wear runners.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,942 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

EnterNow wrote: »

i think deadliest catch is fairly genuine. sure they act up for the camera abit . but you can see the ones that don't get on. they are away at sea for 2-5 weeks in miserable conditions. the truth does come out in these situations !

as for stunt crabs , i have no idea :pac::pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 53,853 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

so its come to this that finding big foot is more realistic than storage wars lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

the ironic thing is that I read a report about the shops on Pawn Stars and Hardcore Pawn and while the Pawn Stars shop is basically a souvenir shop now and Rick and the guys are never there, the shop in Hardcore Pawn is a proper pawn shop and Les really works there all the time making deals.

I wont miss Dave tbh, lately he hasn't been buying many lockers and apparently he's trademarked Yuuup and lost all his money suing some rapper who's been saying it for years

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

paulbok wrote: »
    History Channel: making scripting history, every day!

Kind of ironic these shows are on the History & Discovery Channels.

Not as ironic as Honey Boo Boo being on The Learning Channel. They're aren't enough irons in the world to cover that one.

tumblr_lvfyv0p7Bq1qehntzo1_500.jpg

The answer is aliens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

25103267.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭lotusm

I watch show because of Barry Weiss. He comes out some great one liners... He takes the piss out of everyone, including the show... Also how did Jarrel get a woman like brandi... shes another reason to watch it:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

I read months ago that it was scripted and by the editing etc I wasn't really surprised. I wonder does this staged aspect go for all the other shows of the same vein like American pickers, barter kings, pawn stars etc. I assume it does to one degree or another

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

oh also rumour has it that Brandi used to be a stripper and that's how she met Jared. Sadly there are no pics to confirm this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

lotusm wrote: »
    I watch show because of Barry Weiss. He comes out some great one liners... He takes the piss out of everyone, including the show... Also how did Jarrel get a woman like brandi... shes another reason to watch it:rolleyes:

No matter what locker Barry gets, he always finds a collectors item ...wonder how that happens???? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭mlumley

Awww, c'mon now, next you'll be telling me Father Christmas aint real.

I enjoy the show because of Barry too.

There's a new show that started there recently, Family Guns, is ****ing awful. I love WW2 history but it cant make up for how ****ing awful the show is

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

mlumley wrote: »

I'm afraid to ask about the toothfairey :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

My favorite show at the moment is "Ice Pilots", I'm sure there is is some heavy editing to increase tension and compress time but at the end of the day they are a real airline who really are flying 70 year old buckets into remote landing strips in horrific weather and I love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

ice road truckers is scripted, but hugely entertaining. my issue is when the stars/production campany/channel lie about it being fake and scripted.

The sped up footage is bloody ridiculous.

Every 10mph bend they take is made out to be a death defying feat.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I always wondered why everything they "won" was always so clean considering its meant to have been second hand and in storage for years

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

mlumley wrote: »

:eek: spoilers ffs! :(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

i expect a brandi sex tape any time now......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 246 ✭✭mrbrown69

Good news for fans of the show..the History channel are having an all day Storage Wars on Christmas eve, the following Sunday will also be an all day Storage Wars as will the next Saturday and Sunday after that and so on and so on repeat to fade

and don't forget your daily 4 hours of Storage Wars, that's every day all day only on the History Channel :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 246 ✭✭mrbrown69

hardCopy wrote: »
    The sped up footage is bloody ridiculous.

Every 10mph bend they take is made out to be a death defying feat.

And they always end the show on a cliffhanger......but nothing ever happens, they drive up the road and back again...must be cold tho so fair dues

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

I've watched the show from time to time after IRT, i think i read somewhere that Dave Hester is reportedly getting $25000 per episode, more than i imagine he gets in his dayjob & then complains, must have been muscling for money maybe?
    mrbrown69 wrote: »
    And they always end the show on a cliffhanger......but nothing ever happens, they drive up the road and back again...must be cold tho so fair dues

Everytime before an ad break they do that:p & nothing comes off it! I saw in one of the episodes it gets as low as -50F afaik thats about -15C (someone told me) :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Mr E wrote: »
    I know there are fans in this forum (yeah, me included), but yuuuuuuuuuuuup, the show is allegedly scripted, rigged and totally fake. Dave Hester just got fired for confronting the show runners about it.

Lots more here:
    http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/12/storage-wars-sued-dave-hester-show-faked

That means Storage Wars Texas is almost certainly guilty of the same crime, and it must definitely throw doubt on Auction Hunters too. Yikes.
    I only saw this programme once and my first reaction to it was this is obviously staged.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Lago

Wait..... people actually thought that it was real? I watched the show only a handful of times and I just assumed that it was meant to be like a drama series or something.

I mean just look at what they're doing, how could that be real?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Aw dont tell me that American Pickers is fake too!!??

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

i allways thought was odd is you have a group of what 6 seven "characters" and then you see all the other public there looking to partake but the public never buy the lockers.... Why do other people turn up? lol :rolleyes: must be to get on tv i guess

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭maggy_thatcher

I saw in one of the episodes it gets as low as -50F afaik thats about -15C (someone told me) :D

Er, no. -50F is -45C.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Does anyone remember when he History Channel showed history?

Advertisement