Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Observations of Passenger Stupidity on Dublin Bus

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Two points for you to ponder with your fellow drivers in Brasserie Earl Place, Alek.

I was in at HQ yesterday and the lad I was speaking to told me that the one and 3 day passes will probably be Leap Card types from around the summer, other pass types will follow on soon thereafter. Or at least it's the plan.

A driver like you is on the trade years now; I'd say you may even date back to two man crews and old Setright tickets and halp penny on fares. Have Luas made any token effort to get feedback from drivers and staff, who are by far the most experienced people to spot operational flaws and issues?

Can't speak for LUAS,but there is NO direct feedback between Bus Drivers and Leapcard...It's as if it just sits there and awaits somebody to claim responsibility for it.

Take,for example,the situation which exists for a Driver who may wish to inform a coin-counter,pocket rooter,or general bemoaner of the very expensive busfares.....

Apart from the single small (and VERY Lo-Viz) Leapcard logo on the TIM and Reader,there is absolutely NOTING,at point-of use,which can be referred to by such a Driver.

As you say,I have conducted,TPO driven and OPO drive,which is probably why I find the abandonment of clarity in what Information we put out as being unforgivable.

Leapcard could have been a gamechanger for Dublins entire Public Transport System,instead it now flounders around with no clear purpose,and all the time,slipping further back from the 1st Choice position it should be occupying !

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

A driver like you is on the trade years now; I'd say you may even date back to two man crews and old Setright tickets and halp penny on fares. Have Luas made any token effort to get feedback from drivers and staff, who are by far the most experienced people to spot operational flaws and issues?

Luas drivers don't interact with passengers. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Luas drivers don't interact with passengers. :confused:

I meant to say Dublin Bus or Luas drivers as they see and/or interact with passengers all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

I was in at HQ yesterday and the lad I was speaking to told me that the one and 3 day passes will probably be Leap Card types from around the summer, other pass types will follow on soon thereafter. Or at least it's the plan

I'm delighted to hear it. I've had a few visitors from abroad come to stay with me for 3-5 days, and they use the Luas almost exclusively, but have to buy a ticket each time. They don't always but a return in case they miss the last Luas and have to get a taxi - and the return end can't be used the next day.

This would make life a LOT easier, for them and me. I'm always annoyed at missing a Luas at night and having to wait 15 minutes for the next (I know, a real First World Problem) because my friends are trying to work the really slow ticket machines.

A 10-journey card would also be really useful - are you listening, Leap people?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,584 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Why not just get a LEAP card and have it at home for visitors?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Because sometimes there's one person, sometimes a couple, sometimes a couple plus child/children.... I'm not a tourist office, just someone with a lot of relatives and friends living elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

I was in at HQ yesterday and the lad I was speaking to told me that the one and 3 day passes will probably be Leap Card types from around the summer, other pass types will follow on soon thereafter. Or at least it's the plan.
    Is this for the Dublin bus only rambler tickets or will it include the bus and rail short hop rambler tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,584 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Putting the Dublin Bus season passes onto LEAP is frankly down the pecking order in the greater scheme of things as people can still easily purchase them across the city.

It's more of a convenience issue.

Far more important is getting the auto top-up up and running and getting DB's fare structure redesigned.

Advertisement