Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK to NYC cruise / Flight £499

Options
  • 11-12-2012 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭

Nice pressie for the missus / hubby / parents if you can afford it :D

What's Included?
    Spacious, ensuite accommodation
    All meals and snacks onboard
    24 hour room service
    High quality entertainment
    Tea, coffee, fruit juice is available 24 hours
    Port and Handling fees & taxes.
    Fitness Centre
    Daily Afternoon Tea
    Sports deck and kids programmes

http://www.iglucruise.com/queen-victoria/10th-january-2013_c58260-balcony-cabin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Nice pressie for the missus / hubby / parents if you can afford it :D

What's Included?
    Spacious, ensuite accommodation
    All meals and snacks onboard
    24 hour room service
    High quality entertainment
    Tea, coffee, fruit juice is available 24 hours
    Port and Handling fees & taxes.
    Fitness Centre
    Daily Afternoon Tea
    Sports deck and kids programmes

http://www.iglucruise.com/queen-victoria/10th-january-2013_c58260-balcony-cabin

Nice price but the only person i'd send on an Atalntic Ocean Cruise in the middle of January is me mother in law

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

scudzilla wrote: »
    Nice price but the only person i'd send on an Atalntic Ocean Cruise in the middle of January is me mother in law

LOL the perfect christmas gift so

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

LOL the perfect christmas gift so

Yeah, but around 498quid more than what i wanna spend on her

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Who in their right mind would want to go on a cruise across the Atlantic Ocean?????

Hogzy wrote: »
    Who in their right mind would want to go on a cruise across the Atlantic Ocean?????

Cruisey people:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,056 ✭✭✭✭Esel

... Atalntic Ocean Cruise in the middle of January....
    Well they are called Iglu cruises.... :)

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Itinerary

Day1 - Southampton
    2-8 at sea
    9 new york

sounds exciting!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

£500 for all that is a very good deal, in fact a bargain.
    Sure you'd pay at £400 for a flight alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

What's the baggage allowance on the way back? I could subsidise someone's ticket if they can take back 100kg of crap for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭recyclops

ive always wanted to go on a cruise cross the atlantic :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭a clanger

I believe these are positioning cruises. The ship is heading off to the Caribbean and might as well fill up with a few wrinklies to help pay for the diesel

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

snubbleste wrote: »
    £500 for all that is a very good deal, in fact a bargain.
    Sure you'd pay at £400 for a flight alone.

You'd get a return flight for 600 euro. Don't think the cruise includes return flights from new york

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

You'd get a return flight for 600 euro. Don't think the cruise includes return flights from new york
    Eh, read the offer again.

The food alone for 8 days would cost more than 499 ( well to fill my belly anyway :o )
    return flight is included, I know its not everyones cup of tea but it is a bargain.
    if i had the money i would go.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,933 ✭✭✭dodzy

Yeah, but around 498quid more than what i wanna spend on her

Just reminded me of that one about the Mother-in-Law.

You are walking along a beach and you accidentally kick a bottle buried in the sand, releasing a jeanie who grants you 2 wishes. But what ever you wish for, the M.I.L gets double. Predicament :mad:

Ah, OK Mr jeanie. I want you to give me a million €......and beat me half to death :P

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Cruisey people:o

Tom Cruise and his family?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Would love to do it if one had the funds ,just to say I had crossed the North Alantic in winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

It'd be a lot handier for the ship to just sail a few miles from shore anchor up, wait for a week and go back to shore. Same amount of scenery and possibly more comfort due to the boat not moving across a big empty ocean.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭jimogr

It'd be a lot handier for the ship to just sail a few miles from shore anchor up, wait for a week and go back to shore. Same amount of scenery and possibly more comfort due to the boat not moving across a big empty ocean.

lol. Except for the fact this is the first leg of a 100 day circumnavigation cruise - so those on for the 100 days may get a bit annoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Plus, you wouldnt exactly be in NY then either...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

I'd say it'd be good craic if you had the time to kill. And assuming the flight back can be chosen to stay in NY for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Jesus that is a bargain, especially with a balcony room and a Cunard ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭paddydriver

No reading posts from wasters on boards.ie for 9 days... has to be worth the money:D:D

Go on... someone is going to tell me they have WiFi too

WooHoo... post 1000!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

No reading posts from wasters on boards.ie for 9 days... has to be worth the money:D:D

WooHoo... post 1000!

Yes and from what I have heard MOL and Ryan Air would have it on a plane if they could charge the same

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1695309 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

http://www.vacationstogo.com/

love this website. check out the 90 day ticker.
    There does seem to be good bargains to be had on cruises in fairness. And everything you need is included in the price.

However, on my budget we'd be talking car ferry from port to port :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭McSween

i went from tallinn to helsinki on a ferry in august. it was calm but i didnt feel 100% having had a moderate amount of alcohol the night before. as for this deal, i wouldnt even be able to get pissed :D. imagine not being able to get off the ship if you're violently ill :o

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

Im not long back from a med cruise and I would go on this in a heartbeat, the holiday is being aboard the ship! They are amazing, with inside pools etc. Weather wont be an issue!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

McSween wrote: »
    i went from tallinn to helsinki on a ferry in august. it was calm but i didnt feel 100% having had a moderate amount of alcohol the night before. as for this deal, i wouldnt even be able to get pissed :D. imagine not being able to get off the ship if you're violently ill :o

I've been ill on nearly every ferry crossing I've been on, but I've never even noticed the movement on a cruise ship, completely different to a ferry. Cruise ships are designed to be as stable as possible. We were on a much small cruise ship that the one in this deal travelling to Madeira in January this year and it was very smooth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

maiden wrote: »
    Weather wont be an issue!

I beg to differ. I was on a Caribbean cruise that was completely miserable during stretches of bad weather. You won't even want to get out of your bed. Atlantic cruises are notorious for choppy seas. It won't matter how nice the food is if you're too ill to eat it.

And I was on one of the biggest ships. The celebrity silhouette i think.

Advertisement