Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Over 50 and wants to make new friends.

Options
  • 10-12-2012 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hello,

I'm writing on behalf of my mother. She is happily married but would love to make some new friends (strictly friends only - no creeps). She is not from the town she lives in and it's quite a rural area so more difficult to make new friends. She's 54 yrs old but is young at heart and loves a few drinks and a bit of banter, the usual. Can anyone recommend any websites or clubs etc. she could try.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

After my dad died, my Mum got into facebook and found a few groups on there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Her best option is to join a soceity or sports club in the area. For instance a musical soceity, she would not have to sing etc. there are plenty of jobs for everyone.
    Even a bit of volunteering would bring her into contact with new people.

Advertisement