Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying to UCAS while already in a course

Options
  • 09-12-2012 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

I'm currently in 1st year of a 2 year course in Ireland, and I want to reapply to UCAS this year. I applied to UCAS last year for physiotherapy, got the grades, but didn't do well enough in the HPAT Ulster. I'm wondering is it possible to defer a course I might end up being offered for a year just to finish the course I'm doing? Or are there any rules against doing this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Moved to NI & GB Colleges.

Deferrals are granted on a discretionary basis by the university who offers you the place, i.e. it is up to them whether they allow you to do it or not. If you know for sure that you won't take the place you're offered and you would want to defer it's a good idea to check with the uni(s) concerned before you make the application to see what their stance on deferrals is. If the course is highly competitive deferrals are less common.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 GaryB94

Right I see... I wanted to defer it so I can finish the course I'm doing, and there's also the case of getting my full scholarship money.

Advertisement