Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oblivion (Tom Cruise)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

New trailer:

Big budget sci-fi. I'm psyched.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

I love Sci Fi but this looks more like a "high concept" action film that happens to be set in the future, not Science Fiction. The trailer is bloody awful, just one big cgi w*nkfest, are there even any humans in this film? The last Sci Fi flick I enjoyed was Looper, at least there was some Sci Fi basis to it and good human performances.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Sarxos

Third trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,472 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Sarxos wrote: »
    Third trailer

Much more interesting. Unfortunately, it also seems to give away the entire movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I saw a bit of the teaser and thats enough, I've sworn off full lenght trailers this summer, gonna be tough when the next Man of Steel one comes out :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Much more interesting. Unfortunately, it also seems to give away the entire movie.

Damn, I'm sorry I watched that now. Why did they give away the entire plot of the movie in under 3 minutes?

Would it be too hard to just try and make the audience believe that
    the resistance fighters led by Morgan Freeman were alien creatures living underground
    instead of revealing it in the trailer?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,900 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Tom Cruise is coming to Dublin for the premiere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Tom Cruise is coming to Dublin for the premiere

I plan to be there with my "Scientology ruins families" t-shirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Christianity does too. They butchered and murdered in holy wars. And something tell's me that molesting children ruins families too.

Listen, I'm no fan of scientology. It's a cult. But people should be talking about the movie, not about the "religion" of an actor in it. Not everything he does has to be about it. He's an actor, promoting a movie. You wouldn't show up at another actors premier.

I'm hoping your remark was tongue in cheek.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

@Kirby

You are on my ignore list a long time so I don't know what you said
    No to your question.

• Advertisement

If you don't know what he said how'd you know he asked you a question?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,296 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Well that escalated quickly.

Not really the place for a religious argument. Plenty of other forums on boards for that.

Anyhoo, this looks interesting, love me a bit of post apocalyptic Earth action so hope its good. Cruise really needs to start demanding better names for his characters though, he may as well be called Joe Everyman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

This movie is going to be movie of the year - go see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,640 ✭✭✭Zardoz

That seems to be a major problem with so many trailers nowadays .
    I try to avoid trailers by and large because of this.
    Film looks stunning though .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,143 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

krudler wrote: »
    Anyhoo, this looks interesting, love me a bit of post apocalyptic Earth action so hope its good. Cruise really needs to start demanding better names for his characters though, he may as well be called Joe Everyman.

Well if he is, it ain't happening for his next picture; another sci-fi yarn (adaptation of a Japanese novel) entitled All You Need is Kill, where he plays a soldier called ... *drumroll* ... Bill Cage

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

do ya reckon thats because "johnny" is trademarked ?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,491 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Anyone else pissed off with this current trend of movie trailers giving away the whole plot. There will be one or two surprises in Oblivion but we basically have been handed the spine of the story from the trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Avoiding trailers at the cinema is pretty hard

but I recommend seeing films without watching trailers or reading about them beforehand..

generally makes a good film better..

I typically just ask someone I trust if it's good or not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭FlashD

Was this premiere on yesterday?

Has anyone gotten to see the film yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

FlashD wrote: »
    Was this premiere on yesterday?

Has anyone gotten to see the film yet?

I was actually there . The film was terrible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

pixelburp wrote: »
    Well if he is, it ain't happening for his next picture; another sci-fi yarn (adaptation of a Japanese novel) entitled All You Need is Kill, where he plays a soldier called ... *drumroll* ... Bill Cage

Hardly as bad as some of the Steven Seagal names...I saw a movie of his recently and he was an army strike force commander, called...Marshall Lawson....dear f*cking christ!

Dermighty wrote: »
    Hardly as bad as some of the Steven Seagal names...I saw a movie of his recently and he was an army strike force commander, called...Marshall Lawson....dear f*cking christ!

John Matrix is one of the best names ever though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭sxt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭FlashD

Mr.S wrote: »
    and the score by M83 is fantastic.

Thanks, yeah score sounds amazing especially the collabaration between M83 & Susanne Sundfør.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Promising review + entertainment.ie? :|

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

For some reason I thought this was out tomorrow but the local cinema has it listed for the 10th. Nothing much else out this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

yeah me too.

the premiere last night threw me, im off wednesday so its worked out for me anyway.

i really dont expect much from this, but then again i thought the same about jack reacher and i ended up really enjoying that one so fingers crossed

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

Saw a ridiculous picture of Tom Cruise promoting this film (I think it was this film) in Dublin with a guy following him around with an electric heater. wtf

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'll go to see this just for the score. Love M83.

Advertisement