Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you want for Christmas

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

mloc123 wrote: »
    Sealskinz will keep your feet dry but not warm, I tried them before.

Sealskinz and overshoes will keep you warm and dry... or two plastic bags will work just aswell.

I was caught out once on a long wet cycle, stopped in a shop and got two bags. on over socks and into my shoes. Looked stupid but my feet were toasty afterwards.

Thin socks
    Another pair thin socks
    Shoes
    Tin foil
    Cling Film
    Over shoes

equals

Toasty feet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

tunney wrote: »
    Thin socks
    Another pair thin socks
    Shoes
    Tin foil
    Cling Film
    Over shoes

equals

Toasty feet

Cling Film over the socks?? Maybe thats where I've been going wrong. Tinfoil sounds uncomfortable though.

BTH wrote: »
    Cling Film over the socks?? Maybe thats where I've been going wrong. Tinfoil sounds uncomfortable though.

No, put on in that order! Socks on feet, socks on those socks, shoes on those socks, tinfoil on the shoes, clingfilm on the tinfoil, overshoes on the clingfilm. Then realise there is a stone in your shoe, take it all off and start again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

No, put on in that order! Socks on feet, socks on those socks, shoes on those socks, tinfoil on the shoes, clingfilm on the tinfoil, overshoes on the clingfilm. Then realise there is a stone in your shoe, take it all off and start again

I'll try out your new recipe this weekend.

Reckon I might check for stones first though...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

I'd say the smell of toasted cheese sandwiches when you take all that off after 5 wet hours on the bike is only lovely !! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Im going to raid the kitchen cabinet and try this one, I usually have to give up cycling outdoors in winter, my circulation is so bad.

Any tips for warm hands? I doubt the clingfilm/tinfoil combo would be easy to apply.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Oryx wrote: »
    Im going to raid the kitchen cabinet and try this one, I usually have to give up cycling outdoors in winter, my circulation is so bad.

Any tips for warm hands? I doubt the clingfilm/tinfoil combo would be easy to apply.

3 pairs of gloves. I wear two wooly pairs from penneys and then a pair with windbreakers and end up with sweaty hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭just-joe

mloc123 wrote: »
    or two plastic bags will work just aswell.

This has worked fairly well for running so far, I think with a pair of those sealskinz it could be ok. Definitely two plastic bags though, when I have been out with just one, it rips and bingo cold wet feet.

Oryx wrote: »

I suffer too and what I found was a pair of silk liner gloves inside a set of windproof heavy gloves.

Latex gloves either on the hand or over the liners didn't do much for me to be honest.

What I did find helped was tapping tunes on on the bars i.e. movement of the fingers.

Next thing would be to try the silk liners and lobster gloves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭BennyMul

I am on my second pair of lobster gloves and find them great, never had cold fingers with them, even in the rain and dont wear anything under them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭just-joe

For gloves I would recommend ski or snowboard gloves never have cold or wet hands and I wear nothing underneath.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Santa brought me to Base2Race today and got me a pair of these: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=55456&CurrencyISO=EUR&ShippingCountryID=1791&_$ja=kw:shimano+tr52|cgn:Shimano-CL-44-1553+-+shimano+tr52|cgid:8770562849|tsid:40934|cn:Chain+Reaction-IE-P-Exa-Eng-DT-SE|cid:135331649|lid:21303838453|mt:Exact|nw:search|crid:31692582329&gclid=CLTfi6ignbQCFYRO4QodYnEABw Really happy with them as I've needed a replacement for a long time.

Though I can't wear them til the 25th :(

Edit: just noticed the fifty quid criteria..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Santa is bringing me this :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Basster wrote: »
    Edit: just noticed the fifty quid criteria..

Don't worry about the criteria, unless its a Matchbox model somehow I think pgibbo has stretched his €50 admirably ;)
    pgibbo wrote: »

Looks fantastic P !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Santa much more flash in Corbally North - certainly more than the Skins tights i am getting (although I am getting 100 euros towards a 2014 Ironman war chest along with this). Expect to see 2 white flashes around Turloughmore this summer with my white B2

You will be far more color co-ordinated than me if we ever get those BMC outfits delivered. Were you leaning towards the BMC before I emailed you that

I've been looking at the BMC for a while now and bit the bullet when there was 500 off it last week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭MrCreosote

You've obviously been a very good boy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Anyone getting non SBR stuff from Santa? Got sick of having a 400 quid watch that only gets used for training and doesn't tell the time so stuck a Casio Protrek 2500 on the wish list :) Used to have a G Shock as a teen and loved it...

Anyone getting non SBR stuff from Santa?

I'm hoping Santa awards me a pass to go skiing in January!!! :D

Anyone getting non SBR stuff from Santa? Got sick of having a 400 quid watch that only gets used for training and doesn't tell the time so stuck a Casio Protrek 2500 on the wish list :) Used to have a G Shock as a teen and loved it...

A nice jumper, one without a hood that I can wear to work, now that I have a grown up job and all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

I'm hoping for a pass to go on a training week:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Santa already got you a TT bike - greedy child!

Just don't do your ACL skiing

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

A pair of comfy slippers I hope, a sign of old age :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I've already got my present from Santa. New tyres for my bike. Yay. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Santa brought me a Finis training snorkel and my sister got me a wiggle voucher.

Happy Christmas folks

Advertisement