Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meetup.com advice

Options
  • 03-12-2012 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi ladies...

Just wondering if anyone has been on meetup.com and have found it good? What's the age group like on it and what are the best groups to join on it??

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Hi Ladyloulou,
    I have only been to one meet up so far depsite having joined about a year or more ago! I kept reading the meet up notices then kinda forgetting about them.But I decided a few weeks ago to actually try and go to some of them and one caught my eye. It was a (gentle) hike plus a visit to a castle, both of these interested me.
    I went along a couple of weeks ago to this, everyone was lovely. In this particular group the average age was older than me and mostly women but it was a nice group, I enjoyed the walk and I think I will go back to them again and definitely try out some other groups too. I think finding something that you are *really* interested in will be a good start :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 AngelLight

Hi Ladyloulou,
    I've used meetup.com a number of times and found it a good place to find things of personal interest. I have advertised classes on it in the past and to be honest there is something for everyone there. Good luck with it and have fun. It is a good way to meet new people and make new friends too. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

The beauty of Meetup.com is the range of people/ interests/ ages on it.

There are groups for young people/ older people/ specific interests/ general interests/ health issues, etc.

When you join a group, you can see other members and get chatting to them too, so maybe give that a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 aussie_mella

Hey there, I'm Mel, 27, Aussie. Just moved to Limerick (from Glasgow) last weekend and would love to meet new people. I've also joined the Limerick Meetup.com site and hope to find a cool event or coffee hang out to go along to soon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Knockout_91

I downloaded the meetup app and the age group seems to be quite old. I'm only 21. Is this true or is there a younger group I am missing?

• Advertisement
Advertisement