Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Upgrade for FarCry 3

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,901 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Turn off MSAA

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

There are Beta 12.11 drivers out now, give them a whirl. Also the highest i'd go is 4xMSAA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Dcully manages 60 fps with msaa x8 on a single 660 ti. I still can't figure it out, it should not be possible with that card.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

tuxy wrote: »
    Dcully manages 60 fps with msaa x8 on a single 660 ti. I still can't figure it out, it should not be possible with that card.

No mate not in dx 11 i said this already somewhere in one of the threads :)
    I get 80-150 approx in dx 9 with or without msaax8
    I get 60-120 approx in dx 11 without aa, aa in dx 11 cripples me.
    2x aa isnt too bad but anything more kills things.
    The dx 11 screenies i posted were no aa and 2x.

Sorry I missed that. That brings it more into line with what I would expect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

sweet - Turned off MSAA and i'm getting 50 to 60fps, looks smoth as butter. Gonna install the beta drivers now. Just looking at the patch notes:

Improves performance in Far Cry 3 (up to 25% with 8xMSAA, SSAO enabled @ 1600p, and up to 15% with 8xMSAA, HDAO enabled @1600p) (AMD Catalyst 12.11 CAP2 must also be installed)

Hopefully its provides some additional improvements

You might be able to do x2 or x4 with out much of a hit to performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I'm only getting an average of 35 FPS using very high settings. My specs are,

RAM : 8GB
    MoBo: ASRock H61M/U3S3
    CPU: Intel Core i3 2120 3.30ghz
    GPU: Radeon HD7700

Also have an 120gb SSD but the game is not installed on it.

Advertisement