Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is Conservative?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭yore

I am sure I have read somewhere that while most conservatives are not (necessarily ) stupid, it is certainly also true that most stupid people are conservatives.

I assume you are thus intelligent enough to understand that, similarly, people who choose to be "conservative" will have chosen that over an alternative "liberal" viewpoint; and hence would believe that "conservatism" is the better of the two options and that "liberals" are making the wrong choice. It would logically follow that they would be of the opinion that stupid people would be more likely to be liberals than smart people.

People on here like to rant and "rabble rabble" about politicians/bankers etc. If those people had acted more conservatively, the country would not be in the situation it is in. Fiscal conservatism would have put the skids under the bubble long ago.

There are lots of stupid people who just propose a self serving, narrow minded viewpoint or solution to a problem that goes against the accepted correct way to deal with a problem. They can then just call themselves "liberal" because it is a different idea and imply that the conservative people are stupid.

I blame the "crusty old Dean"

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Dracula88

The word conservative is an adjective to describe something that opposes change. Thu UK Conservative party is the right wing political party which believes in private enterprise and capitalism. Right wing parties are defined as the conservative or reactionary section of a political party or system.

Advertisement