Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fiver Friday 30 November

Options
  • 28-11-2012 8:14pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭

Long list of companies providing goods & services for €5 on Friday.
    Here's a few examples:
    • Paul Byron Shoes (19 shops nationwide) will give €5 off any purchase over €25
    • Pizza Hut get a 12" pizza with 3 toppings for €5, takeaway or collection. Order two or more and delivery is free (terms & conditions will apply)
    • GoBé Cork-Dublin city & airport. Anybody booking online on Fiver Friday at www.gobe.ie to travel non-stop in either direction pays €5 per person each way
    • Ennis Injury Clinic get a 45-minute treatment session for a sports injury or a 30minute massage for €5
    • NCBI charity shops EVERYTHING in the 69 shops right around the country is on sale for €5
    • Bargaintown buy a rug for €5 - from medium to large sizes (RRP €35 - €129)
    • Spar, Eurospar and Mace shops around the country will have a variety of Fiver Friday deals on offer in-store
    • JJ Campbell & Associates, civil & structural engineers in Nutgrove Office Park, Dublin 14 will inspect one house with suspected pyrite for €5 in any of the following areas - north or west Dublin, east Meath, north Kildare or north Offaly - and advise the owners on their options. Normally this service costs €2k-€3k

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/liveline/fiverfriday.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Duggan Jewellers, Fairview, Dublin 3 will pierce ears while you wait for €5 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭WIZWEB

Would deffo wait with my ears if getting them pierced :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

I wonder if someone would get away with a joke one like BJ's only a fiver - Roxanne Apt 2B etc..... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

snubbleste wrote: »
    • JJ Campbell & Associates, civil & structural engineers in Nutgrove Office Park, Dublin 14 will inspect one house with suspected pyrite for €5 in any of the following areas - north or west Dublin, east Meath, north Kildare or north Offaly - and advise the owners on their options. Normally this service costs €2k-€3k[/SIZE]

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/liveline/fiverfriday.html

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

snubbleste wrote: »
    • Bargaintown buy a rug for €5 - from medium to large sizes (RRP €35 - €129
    not this shít again. Has it been a year already ?!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

dodzy wrote: »
    not this shít again. Has it been a year already ?!:eek:

I got a nice 8 x 4 foot rug for a fiver last year.Infact I got 2 for a tenner

Bargain and a half indeed.:)

Had to que up for over an hour,sitting on a folding stool,but it was worth it.:pac::D

Was only supposed to be 1 per customer,but I managed to sweet talk my way into getting 2 of them...needless to say that 1 or 2 grannies queing up outside were complaining out loud that I got 2 of them.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

paddy147 wrote: »
    I got a nice 8 x 4 foot rug for a fiver last year.Infact I got 2 for a tenner

Bargain and a half indeed.:)

Had to que up for over an hour,sitting on a folding stool,but it was worth it.:pac::D

Was only supposed to be 1 per customer,but I managed to sweet talk my way into getting 2 of them...needless to say that 1 or 2 grannies queing up outside were complaining out loud that I got 2 of them.:pac:

where are the pictures :p

donnacha wrote: »
    where are the pictures :p

They can be arranged.;):)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

They can be arranged.;):)

Yea pic would be nice to see what they are like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

The pizza hut offer sounds like a bargain from what I heard him say it is a 12 inch pizza with 3 toppings pick up in store, all for a fiver. And if you order a second pizza for a fiver then they'll do delivery for free.

That's 2 x 12 inch pizzas delivered for €10, feckin' bargain :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Isn't that what the OP said?

Lenny wrote: »

I avoided the horrible lime green and yellow frilly sparkley rugs..complete tackyness and shyte,,thats just me though.

I went for 2 of the nicer,black,red and brown flat rugs.

Everyone was going for those..I had to wrestle 2 of them away from some granny who was trying to push me out of the way with her walking stick.

Sorry granny,but tough sh1t this time.:o:D

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭anuprising

paddy you sound like a flamboyant interior designer . I suggest you do some masculine activities this weekend and try to speak with a deep voice :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

.... Everyone was going for those..I had to wrestle 2 of them away from some granny who was trying to push me out of the way with her walking stick.

Sorry granny,but tough sh1t this time.:o:D

Oh I dunno Paddy sounds fairly macho to me .... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

RATM wrote: »
    The pizza hut offer sounds like a bargain from what I heard him say it is a 12 inch pizza with 3 toppings pick up in store, all for a fiver. And if you order a second pizza for a fiver then they'll do delivery for free.

That's 2 x 12 inch pizzas delivered for €10, feckin' bargain :D

Nice deal alright! Does anyone know if PHQ Pizza Hut stores are included in this deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

Lenny wrote: »
    Jesus no, dont encourage him ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

https://www.ncbi.ie/shop
    Surely you can't get any of these products for a fiver :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Eathrin wrote: »
    https://www.ncbi.ie/shop
    Surely you can't get any of these products for a fiver :confused:
    It's Ncbi charity shops that sell donated goods (I've never been in one)
    https://www.ncbi.ie/ncbi-retail/about-ncbi-retail-shops

dodzy wrote: »
    Jesus no, dont encourage him ! :D

Well by the time Bargaintown in Coolock opened up on Fiver Friday last year,there was easily 130-150 people queing outside.....all behind me.:D

And Im not kiding here when I say this,but it was like a wrestling match inside Bargaintown to get to the good quality rugs.

Of course the shop staff just stood back and looked on in astonishment and did nothing to assist oe help anyone.

They would let 15 people into the shop at a time,and it was nearly a fist fight between each 15 people to get a good quality rug.

Needless to say that everyone ignored all those pukey green and yellow sparkly rugs.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Razcro

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Nice deal alright! Does anyone know if PHQ Pizza Hut stores are included in this deal?

Phq and Pizza Hut delivery are the same thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭anuprising

Well by the time Bargaintown in Coolock opened up on Fiver Friday last year,there was easily 130-150 people queing outside.....all behind me.:D

They would let 15 people into the shop at a time,and it was nearly a fist fight between each 15 people to get a good quality rug.

Needless to say that everyone ignored all those pukey green and yellow sparkly rugs.:pac:

after all those excersions in getting yourself a lovely rug , I hope you laid it Down in front of your fire (cheap briquettes ) called the missus in and demanded your manly dues , right there and then on your brand new rug ! that's what rugs are for , to bring out the man in you ! (any pics ?)

:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭davehey79

Fiver Friday!!

Mr. Windscreen Nationwide will supply and fit a new set of super flat technology wiper blades (these are top of the range, as fitted to Audi, BMW, Mercedes… New Cars) – Worn wiper blades should be changed regularly. We will also top up the washer fluid, clean and polish all windows in the vehicle, complete a free windscreen inspection for NCT/DOE all for €5
    Conditions - Simply call to our local depots nationwide, or phone 1800 5 12345 to arrange a fitting “within” the next week if you can’t make Friday (But must be pre-booked on the Friday)

availed of this offer this morning. came in nice and handy as had to replace them anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Queue of about 40 people outside bargain town this morning on the long mile, don't tell me they were queuing for a rug?

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭andersat2

Etnies wrote: »
    Queue of about 40 people outside bargain town this morning on the long mile, don't tell me they were queuing for a rug?

they are!!
    :)

saw a long tale in front of bargaintown in glasnevn industrial eastate..

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭mangledbadgers

Getting sorted at 1pm in Ballina :D

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Up2NoGood

Just took advantage of the Pizza Hut deal and the windscreen offfer, both for a tenner....

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Green Diesel

Up2NoGood wrote: »
    Just took advantage of the Pizza Hut deal and the windscreen offfer, both for a tenner....

Can you order the pizza online or do you have to ring up?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Can you order the pizza online or do you have to ring up?
    Pizza Hut limerick is not honouring this, they say it is the online one only who do not deliver in limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Wizzy2011

A round of golf for €5 at Glen Mill Golf Club, Newcastle
    The receptionist and club captain had no idea that this deal was going on....they wouldn't even humour my suggestion that the price had been reduced, even jesting at me, insisting that the price of a round has never been altered. Since we made the long haul out there, we paid €12 a round. No wonder my first shot nearly hit the clubhouse....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Saw 3 whiting for a fiver in lucan...not a bargain.

Advertisement