Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social Basketball game (big merge)

Options
2»

Comments

Hi, I am just wondering if this is still running. Would be interested in joining.

Yes, still running as per the original post time/venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 MRedd

Basketball on Fridays and Sundays in Renmore and Knocknacarra. Skill level: intermediate +

https://www.facebook.com/Galway-Basketball-Group-pick-up-931746500250348/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

Giving this a bump for new players but also due to a time change.

Now on at 8pm due to the club wanting the slot, and being the owners left little bargaining power.

PM for any more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 remt

Basketball.
    Every Sunday evening.
    In Knocknacarra community center. Galway
    More info PM.

Giving this a fresh bump as numbers are bad.

8-9pm.

Mainly just looking for men now as we don't have any females left.
    Open to any females with sporting experience though, just wouldn't suit a female beginner anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 MRedd

Anyone interested in outdoor play since the weather has picked up, Westside has ok hoops and maybe we can figure out to put the nets up?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Used to have the odd pick up game at the bish during the summer. Might have a better chance of getting a few there, if you're still allowed in (not sure if the gates are locked immediately after school).

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭wintersolstice

Anyone know of any basketball clubs in galway for shall we say , mature people! I loved it at school many moons ago and would love to play it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

https://www.titans.ie/wp/calendar/
    Titans in Westside seem to have a wide variety of adult groups - might be something there to suit you.
    How mature are you, if that's not a rude question? 40? 80?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭wintersolstice

Thank you for that, I shall have a look and am in my 50s!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Still young then:)

If a social game interests you, give me a PM.
    We're all 30+.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Alanh30

I'm just looking for a social game. Anyone know if there are any of these around?

Alanh30 wrote: »
    I'm just looking for a social game. Anyone know if there are any of these around?

We're still playing but we had to merge with the crowd playing at 8, then we had loads of returns so we're over subscribed at the minute.... basically 12 plus a night and always(thankfully) missing a few.

I'll send you a PM once the numbers fall again(as they do).

Time to bump this again.

Usual craic where you have too many for a while then out of the blue you have too few..frustrating.

Mondays 8-9 in the Arus, Salthill. Even room this evening.
    All levels accomadated, would probably suit males more as we only have one female(who's been absent a good few weeks running now) though females with experience would fit in fine.

Drop me a PM or reply for more info if required.

Hi,

Just another seasonal bump.

https://www.meetup.com/Galway-Social-Basketball-Mon-Wed/

You can find is over at meetup as per above or get back to me through here.

Could do with a new injection of bodies again.

All are welcome.

Bump.

Still on the lookout.

8 to 9pm.

Beginner players welcome.

Advertisement