Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW "In the Spotlight" Thread - Pete Campbell

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

What are your favourite spots in Waterford, if you ever return?
    Probably a quieter pub like Philly Grimes'. My nightclub days are over.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Why would you put yourself through this?

In what order would you rank the women of Mad Men, most hot to least?

Are you really the head of Kwik E Mart?

Really?

Really?
    1. It satiates my desperate need for attention.

2. Most:Definitely Joanie. Rack!
    Then in descending order
    Thin Betsy
    Don's second wife (though her teeth are wierd)
    Yer wan Pete has an affair with in Series 5
    Trudy
    Peggy - a bit plain but you would like

If Vince gave you a shot in the WWE what would be your gimmick?
    An angry Dublin City Council clamper. Guaranteed MEGA heel.

Why did you change your boards name? :)

Variety is the spice of life.

What was your name on here originally? Why aren't you answering our questions faster?
    1. Flah

2. Give a man a chance

• Advertisement

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Flah or not to flah?
    Flah out boy.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,185 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Did you ever accidently or on purpose deliver a stone cold stunner/rock bottom/ddt/ random wrestling move to one of yer mates?

when?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Who would you rather have for a Dad: Jimmy Saville or Gary Glitter? And you have to pick between the two.

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Did you ever accidently or on purpose deliver a stone cold stunner/rock bottom/ddt/ random wrestling move to one of yer mates?

when?
    I gave the brother a ddt on concrete out in the back yard when I was around seven. He has a big thick head on him though so he didnt even sell it properly.

My friend bruised my ribs fairly badly hitting a clumsy swanton bomb off a bench on me when we were demented drunk in college. I sold that pretty well. :pac:

Who would you rather have for a Dad: Jimmy Saville or Gary Glitter? And you have to pick between the two.
    Jimmy Saville. Dont think he was into little boys so I might grow up with my arsehole intact at least.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Do you like to read? If so, what authors?

Do you like to read? If so, what authors?
    I do read a fair bit.

More into autobiographies and sports/history books than fiction though so hard for me to name an author specifically.

Dismissed him for a long time as a trash author but been enjoying some Stephen King lately. Terry Pratchett is brilliant too.

Book your dream ppv - mid cards and main event - from the current roster (wwe and tna) with the odd returning legend to throw in at you descression!
    Taker vs Sting
    Punk vs Stone Cold
    Angle vs Bryan
    Sin Cara/Rey vs Daniels/Kazarian
    HBK vs Rock
    Cena vs Joe
    Flippy ladder match: Bourne vs Aries vs Jeff Hardy vs Random X Division Dweebs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

<SNIP> Inappropriate questions.

Whats your favorite year of WWF/WWE (Jan - Dec) and a few reasons why?

Whats your favorite year of WWF/WWE (Jan - Dec) and a few reasons why?

Probably 1997.

Heel Bret and the Hart Foundation were unreal and the more cutting edge style of Attitude was really starting to gather momentum.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Are there any wrestling feuds or gimmicks you wished lasted longer?

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Are there any wrestling feuds or gimmicks you wished lasted longer?

Not so much a feud or gimmick but I wanted Benoit's title reign to last longer. He and Eddie had the odd match here and there but nothing that meanigful sadly, for example.

The fact that Joe and Low Ki never had a rematch in ROH was annoying back in the day.

As for gimmicks the one Sean O Haire had for a few weeks before they sacked him could have been great. They should have redone it with someone else.

Heel Batista was very good as well. He was never as good, then he left. :(

Remember that brilliant gimmick they had Regal doing where he was basically shutting down RAW every week. Think he won King if the Ring as well? Was so so good, then he failed a wellness test and it was dropped and never mentioned again.

Also Repo Man was the best tongue in cheek gimmick ever. Hes hilarious in the 92 Rumble. Legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Return of the king or Return of the Jedi?

Dancor wrote: »
    Return of the king or Return of the Jedi?

Return of the Jedi easily.

Anyone but Fianna Fail btw. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭deisedude

Favourite Waterford hurler?

Will Waterford win an All Ireland before hell freezes over?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Have you met anyone from Boards in person?
    If not who would you like to meet?

deisedude wrote: »
    Favourite Waterford hurler?

Will Waterford win an All Ireland before hell freezes over?
    Ever:Ken

Current:Brick

Sadly no. Missed our best chance in the last decade and those days are slipping further away.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Have you met anyone from Boards in person?
    If not who would you like to meet?
    Met gimmick, thebostoncrab and maybe a few more at wrestling shows in the past.

My dream is to get Diabhal Beag to sign my Waterford jersey. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I do read a fair bit.

More into autobiographies and sports/history books than fiction though so hard for me to name an author specifically.

Dismissed him for a long time as a trash author but been enjoying some Stephen King lately. Terry Pratchett is brilliant too.
    What's your favourite adaptation of Stephen King's work? There's so many of them, Carrie, The Thing, The Shining, Misery, Pet Sematary, The Shawshank Redemption...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,881 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Which wrestler has disappointed the most either from hearing of them before their debut or promos getting you interested in them, only for them to debut and be underwhelming/crap?
    WCW/ECW guys coming into WWF for the Invasion don't count since they were pretty much fubar. :)

What's your favourite adaptation of Stephen King's work? There's so many of them, Carrie, The Thing, The Shining, Misery, Pet Sematary, The Shawshank Redemption...

Has to be Shawshamnk really doesn't it? Cliche I know but it really is the best feel good film ever. Honourable mentions for the Stand by Me and Apt Pupil. Scary to think King published all three in the one book (Different seasons - must read for anyone who hasn't).

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Which wrestler has disappointed the most either from hearing of them before their debut or promos getting you interested in them, only for them to debut and be underwhelming/crap?
    WCW/ECW guys coming into WWF for the Invasion don't count since they were pretty much fubar. :)

The last time I saw Nova in old ECW he was innovating all kinds of mad moves and crazy sh*t. I had such high hopes when he debuted in WWE a few years later only for him to play a fitness instructor with a fat arse going round on a segue annoying everyone with the Simon System.

Mistico/Sin Cara has disappointed me greatly as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭tonyduggan

so larry went around to the front of the cab, and brought out a big length of waven pipe and hit her a couple of flakes of it. oh lord says i larry will you jaysus will you take it handy says i and dont mark her

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

tonyduggan wrote: »
    so larry went around to the front of the cab, and brought out a big length of waven pipe and hit her a couple of flakes of it. oh lord says i larry will you jaysus will you take it handy says i and dont mark her

Riiiiiight.... stay off the drugs and booze man, clearly not working for ya!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement