Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ode to killers1

Options
  • 23-11-2012 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭

For those of ye who frequent these threads especially the buying 201* threads, you will know killers1. I think a thread especially to thank him for his endless professional advice FOC deserves a thank you all by itself.
    Mods, I hope this is in order but rarely does such professional advice come free and with such generosity.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

That's gas I was just thinking the same thing today. I looked for a thread somewhere on boards where you could thank posters like Killers1 for all their invaluable and free advice.

Most of killers1 advice would cost you a small fortune if you went to a broker.

Thanks Killers1 and fair play on the post TheDriver

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Lyn256

+1 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭blueturnip

I have to say I completely and utterly agree! So many silly questions, but all answered by the patient voice!

Thanks killers1!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 philroche

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

big thanks from me too! and he very kindly engaged by pm when I didn't want to publicly post up too much personal details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,338 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

If I'm ever in the market for a new home, Killers1 fingers will bleed from all the questions he's answering. Selfless acts are few and far between these days, so fair play to him for his time and effort

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭killers1

Thanks everyone for your very kind words - very very much appreciated! (even though I feel slightly embarrassed to be honest!)

To all those who were happy to trust with me with their mortgage applications this year I want to say a very big thank you & to everyone else who might have taken something from my posts or if they helped in any way to get you through the process that's good enough for me...

Much appreciated & thanks again!
    Killian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=557

Start a thread here about killers1.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Avengers

A special thanks to Killers, He nearly rescued me when i thought i almost lost hopes of buying house in 2012 and avaling MIR.

He is simply the best guy in getting things done intime. I will be more than happy to recommend my friends to seek his help.

Thanks a million and good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭nemo32

+1
    In my house 4 mths now and couldn't have done it without killers advice. I definitely would have gone in sane looking for the answers from banks and solicitors but killers was happy to help were he could which saved my insanity :D x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Kristinew

+1 The advise Killers has posted has been invaluable and he answered everyones questions clearly without any hesitiation. Big Thank you from me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 2Cents

Thanks so much Killers1.
    It really is unusual to find people willing to help just for the sake of others sanity! Your patience and advice has been much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 thos007

Have to agree with everything that has been previously said. Killers1 is "The Man".

Got a lot of great advice earlier in the year when my Landlord sold the house we were in out of the blue. Had to get my sh*t together and Killers1 sorted everything for me.
    Now in "my own" house looking forward to Christmas :D

Thanks Killers1

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Avengers

Yep, I agree with everyone else on here about Killers.

Keys collected last friday. Registration done on the last day(friday), saved myself 350 euro.

The last 2 weeks, He took personal care starting from advising a better solicitor till finishing the sale on daily basis.

Full credit goes to Killers for all the help and assurance he offered me whenever i needed.

He is "The Man" aka "One Man Army" :)

Thanks alot Killers.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 jamesieboy

Just a quick post to chime in with the others in the “Ode to Killers”. I can say is that he has provided an absolutely stellar service to my wife and I.

I first contacted Killers off the back of the recommendations here in boards, and honestly I am so glad that I did. He is a pleasure to deal with and his advice is clear, non-nonsense and well thought out. He was courteous and responsive throughout the whole application process, and he really made it painless for us. We were in a reasonable enough position in seeking mortgage approval, and he gave us an objective assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of our application. He’ll be the first to tell you that he’s no miracle worker, but if you’re in an OK position when you’re looking to apply for a mortgage he’ll give you the steer you need. And if you’re not where you need to be he’ll tell you what you need to do to be in a better position this time next year. Really sensible advice the whole way IMHO. Finally, he is an absolute gentleman to deal with and I really sensed that he had our interests at heart the whole way.

I could sing his praises all day, but I’ll leave off in saying that I’m yet another happy punter.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tigershould

I have to say, I've only started frequenting this forum recently to get some views (and ideas) on what's happening in the Irish property market and I've noticed this Killers1 fella answering numerous threads.

Whilst he hasn't offered me any advice directly I have managed to gain some useful info from his replies to others.

Fair play Killers1 - it's people like you that make boards a great place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭quietsailor

I've been thinking of looking at houses to buy for a long time but was never sure what way I should arrange my finances to maximize my chances of a mortgage. After reading a lot of threads on here where Killers gave advice I pm'd him and asked for advice - he gave me clear impartial advice that, most importantly, was easy to understand.

He is able to explain the various figures that the bank require and the relationship between them so it's clear to the un-initiated, unlike a lot of financial advisers who spew jargon at you. I literally have a blueprint on how to structure my finances now. Finally he didn't push for business or try to push a certain financial product on me, something that annoys me with a lot of financial advisers

In a years time when I go applying for a mortgage it's Killers I will be giving my business to and that is probably the highest recommendation I can give - I will be trusting him with buying my home.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 icecurve

Another very happy customer of Killers1 here. I contacted him about 2 months ago through boards after seeing the very helpful advice and answers he was giving people about mortgages/finances etc. At the time I was only looking at buying a house, not even sale agreed. Today, less than 5 weeks after going sale agreed, I picked up the keys to my new home. I can't thank Killers enough for his help. His efficiency, kindness and professionalism is second to none. The man must work around the clock because I was never waiting longer than 10 minutes for a response to any email/phone call no matter what time of the day it was. Other people have told me in the past that buying a house is one of the most stressful things you can do in life. I can honestly say it's very clear they have never worked with Killers. This whole process was an absolute breeze. He took care of everything for me. I would recommend him to family / friends / strangers / anyone who's thinking of buying a house!
    He certainly is The Man and deserves every bit of credit he gets on here.
    Thanks again Killers1.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ejmartin85

Yet another happy customer of Killers1 :)
    We found Killian on here having read this thread and others and seeing how many other people were happy with him we approached him to help us through the process.
    He never led us wrong and was always available no matter what time of the day or night to answer all of my ridiculous questions. Being the over-cautious person that I am I did my own research on lenders/surveyors/solicitors/life insurance and Killians' recommendations always came out on top without exception. We've since recommended a couple of my friends to talk to him and while not all of them were in a position to get mortgage approval he gave sound advice so that they could get themselves mortgage ready.

He pushed everyone along nicely and got us in our house (as promised!) before Christmas.
    Thanks Killian!! :)

Emily & Alan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

ejmartin85 wrote: »
    Yet another happy customer of Killers1 :)
    We found Killian on here having read this thread and others and seeing how many other people were happy with him we approached him to help us through the process.
    He never led us wrong and was always available no matter what time of the day or night to answer all of my ridiculous questions. Being the over-cautious person that I am I did my own research on lenders/surveyors/solicitors/life insurance and Killians' recommendations always came out on top without exception. We've since recommended a couple of my friends to talk to him and while not all of them were in a position to get mortgage approval he gave sound advice so that they could get themselves mortgage ready.

He pushed everyone along nicely and got us in our house (as promised!) before Christmas.
    Thanks Killian!! :)

Emily & Alan

+1 on that.

Killian was amazing in helping us with our first home. He preempted every condition/requirement that could stall the mortgage application and also in guiding us along the other aspects of home ownership (insurance, assurance, surveyors...etc.). It's beyond me why people deal with the banks themselves, this is hassle free when dealing with Killian. Although for Killian it isn't :)

Jon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Marchbride

jon1981 wrote: »
    +1 on that.

Killian was amazing in helping us with our first home. He preempted every condition/requirement that could stall the mortgage application and also in guiding us along the other aspects of home ownership (insurance, assurance, surveyors...etc.). It's beyond me why people deal with the banks themselves, this is hassle free when dealing with Killian. Although for Killian it isn't :)

Jon

Huge +1
    He is a dream to deal with, I'm sure he's not thinking the same about me and my hubby lol but honestly he could not have done anymore for us.. We were in a very different situation few mths ago but thank god for changes and a fabulous insightful, very honest and highly knowledgable broker we are now mortgage approved n hoping to buy our first home very soon. He worked so fast on our app n preempted all that would happen as it did & held his patience when I asked stupid questions. Such a gem on this site and couldn't recommend him any higher... Thanks so so much Killian
    K & J

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭tvc15

I almost feel guilty not having said something first but a big +1 from a client now living in their new house. Everything was done extremely quickly from his side even if we were a bit slow or lazy at times. This includes running out of time on our approval in principle and still being able to get the purchase through without reapplying. Endless set of contacts come included as well

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭cowboyjoe

We bought our house in 2012 and I don't know how we what we would have done if killers didn't give such clear and helpful advice. Solicitor queries, estate agent issues, engineer reports and many others. I only see this thread now but I also would publicly like to say a big thank you to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tink2

Another AAA+ for Killers, I wouldn't hesitate in recommending him to any family & friends. I was under a lot of pressure to buy my home in a certain time frame & Killers1 was amazing. Great communication, on the ball & pre-emptied anything that I would for requirements. Great guy! Thanks a mill Killian! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

I can't express how helpful Killian and his team were and how much time and stress it saved us to work with them. Great communication and advice all around. Happy in our new house!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,609 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I just want to express our gratitude in how much stress Killers1 took out of buying a house. It was a daunting process for us and we really didn't have a clue where to start.

Contacting him was the best decision we could have made. He completely owned every stage of the process and was incredibly fast in replying to queries and getting things moving. You seriously feel like you're in good hands. I couldn't believe how quickly mortgage approval came through.

We're now two weeks in our home and couldn't be happier. :)

Thanks again man! I'll continue to recommend you to anyone who asks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,573 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Absolutely agree with the above... Killian was really helpful for us too. Our case was complicated by lots of different factors, but he was able to deal with everything we threw at him!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Noddy23

I couldn't agree more. We used Killian also. Our case was complicated because I had taken 6 months unpaid maternity leave but he was able to show our case in the best light and we were sanctioned for the amount we needed. He was so professional, patient and knowledgable. He is also just a really sound guy and always a pleasure to deal with. We are due to close our sale in a couple of weeks. We are so glad we contacted him. We really can't thank him enough for all his help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭uli84

Anybody knows how killers1 could be contacted? PMs can't be sent as he received too many i reckon, thx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭killers1

uli84 wrote: »
    Anybody knows how killers1 could be contacted? PMs can't be sent as he received too many i reckon, thx

Sorry, inbox was full. If you resend I'll pick it up tks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement