Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jesus

Options
  • 21-11-2012 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,417 ✭✭✭✭

If Jesus was one of us how would he get himself noticed without blowing peoples minds or causing mass riots.The second coming is always the most difficult.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

kneemos wrote: »
    If Jesus was one of us how would he get himself noticed without blowing peoples minds or causing mass riots.The second coming is always the most difficult.

isn't that what happened the first time around anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Did you ever think what would happen if god was one of us? Just a slob like one of us or just a stranger on the bus?

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Chevolution

He'd post a thread on AH asking people how he could make himself noticed without blowing peoples minds...........hold on a second!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

The second coming is always more difficult because you're not as horny after the first one.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭.Henry Sellers.

He'd go on celebrity bainisteoir.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,417 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

pmcmahon wrote: »
    isn't that what happened the first time around anyway?

Thought it was more a gradual acceptance thing by conducting miracles and such,if we got some guy walking on water today I'm pretty sure there would be mass hysteria.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Pilotdude5

He could have already come back but was probably committed to a lock-ward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I'd kidnap him and create a wine company beside the ocean in the south of France. Overheads would be fcuk all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

smash wrote: »
    I'd kidnap him and create a wine company beside the ocean in the south of France. Overheads would be fcuk all.

then open a bakery and fishmongers next door.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Especially in your 40s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Saw a documentary once called Rivals to Jesus and it claimed that his story caught on better and lasted the test of time compared to other wise men at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

Thought it was more a gradual acceptance thing by conducting miracles and such,if we got some guy walking on water today I'm pretty sure there would be mass hysteria.

Unfortunately the 'miracles conducted' wouldn't occur in Times Square to be witnessed by all and sundry, but rather somewhere such as Balinspittle or Knock, to be witnessed by superstitious half-blind octogenarians or delusional schoolchildren indoctrinated to within an inch of their lives.
    Same as it ever was.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

He'd clone Hitler, then beat him up and throw him off a skyscraper.

Also dinosaurs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

If he did exist and I doubt it , it might be easier for him this time round as the most of the world is far more tolerant of gays, who knows he might even enter a civil partnership!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

He caused riots the first tine round. The authorities were so furious at his teaching that they nailed Him to a cross of wood. You should read the Gospel of John.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,417 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

philologos wrote: »
    He caused riots the first tine round. The authorities were so furious at his teaching that they nailed Him to a cross of wood. You should read the Gospel of John.

In a world of instant media the Youtube clips would be round the world in minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,556 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

The authorities Jews were so furious at his teaching that they had the authorities nail Him to a cross of wood. You should read the Gospel of John.
    Fixed it for you, according to the gospel of John.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Real Life

and rightly so, people are getting the death sentence for much less.

In reality though i dont agree with the death sentence or the killing of anybody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

I'd love to see him on Jersey Shore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Fixed it for you, according to the gospel of John.

Technically John also points out that he hung there to pay the penalty for sin and take God's wrath on our behalf and that He rose again on the third day so that we can be forgiven.

That's perhaps the most fascinating part :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Technically John also points out that he hung there to pay the penalty for sin and take God's wrath on our behalf and that He rose again on the third day so that we can be forgiven.

you mean the zombie bit? Yea perhaps... but it's been done to the death at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,406 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

He is the messiah, and I should know, I've followed a few.

(Was going to post the clip but Terry Jones' nutsack makes an appearance so I had best not)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Neewbie_noob

Did you ever think what would happen if god was one of us? Just a slob like one of us or just a stranger on the bus?

Bruce Almighty FTW :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

My OH reckons the second coming is easier and infinitly more enjoyable!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

He'd ride that Maura whats her face live on tv. yeah the sexy one married to the TD. Then punch Dathi in the smug mush

• Registered Users Posts: 9,556 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Technically John also points out that he hung there to pay the penalty for sin and take God's wrath on our behalf
    But technically, don't you believe that he was God?, you know, all that business with the shamrock?, the divinity of Christ, etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

He rose again on the third day so that we can be forgiven.

I'm pretty sure, and you can quote me on this, he rose again because it was Easter and he had pucks of Easter eggs to get through.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

smash wrote: »
    you mean the zombie bit? Yea perhaps... but it's been done to the death at this stage.

In fairness, at least he was a slow zombie, taking three days to rise and not one of them stupid new fast zombies for audiences that can't deal with suspense.

• Moderators Posts: 51,751 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Rising from the dead? Twin brother is more likely. Just like in the movie the Prestige :P

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

There was a really good mini-series about ten years ago that actually dealt with it is which Christopher Ecclestone was the second coming.

Advertisement