If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AV Reciever and Bluray Player

• 21-11-2012 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Im loving my new M4 speakers and quality product. Ive now decided to upgrade my kit with a new reciever and add a bluray player to the mix!

Im looking for suitable prices on the reciever, Ive looked at Denon, Onkyo & Yamaha. First question here is which is the ideal brand for my setup?

My budget for the reciever is about 400pounds (with a little wiggle room)

Bluray player, im open to ideas on brand and price.

Finally I plan to upgrade my speaker cable to a new cable. I will ideally want roughly 10m of cable, suggested of brands here would be great.

At this moment Im just looking at prices for my budget so all quotes would be great (if you have a deal if i get all 3 element even better!)

I plan to either upgrade in december or jan, or sooner if price appeals!

Cheers

ipodrocker

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi rocker.

Thanks for the post and we hope you are loving the speakers. The receiver that I would look at for your M4's would be the Denon AVR1713. This is a very musically made receiver and works well with Monitor Audio in terms of the type of sound. This is an Airplay enabled receiver and DLNA certified. With 5 HDMI inputs there should be enough connections to cover most people and the build quality is great.

The Denon would be a better all-rounder for music and movies over the likes of the Yamaha and Onkyo, but given then price at the moment this would be my choice.

https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=930&Mode=0&productid=1276&Results=true&keys=denon%20avr

Alternative to this which is also very good value is the Onkyo TXNR515 which is the same price and looks to have a few more features on board like 7.2 amplification but purely on a match for your speakers, the Denon will get more from those.

On the bluray front, the Sony BDPS490 is an excellent player or the Panasonic DMPBDT120 is also great value for money but my choice would be the Sony.

On the speaker cable, the Cambridge symphony 200 cable carries a good bass response, but if it's for the floorstanders then the Symphony 400 which is £2.49 per metre is the cable to look at for a good quality floorstander.

I hope this helps but let us know what you think.

ATB

Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.