Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop Repair in Limerick?

Options
  • 20-11-2012 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,629 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend somewhere in town that repairs/services laptops?

Obviously don't want to get fleeced/ripped off; looking for someone who's reliable and reasonably priced.

thx in advance, cm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭SoapMcTavish

What's the issue with it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,629 ✭✭✭Cartman78

I reckon all it needs is a service/clean-up and new battery...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056810997

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭SoapMcTavish

Looks like you need new battery and fan .. ( might get away with a clean of the existing fan ... but ... )

Looks like you need new battery and fan .. ( might get away with a clean of the existing fan ... but ... )

Yep...would prefer to buy a new part rather than wasting money on maintenance and then for it to break down again in a couple of months.

If you could recommend somewhere in town that could do a good job and not rip me off I'd really appreciate it

Bump.

Any info on laptop repair would be greatly appreciated - cheers cm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 northstar67

Cartman, the noisy fan is probably coming from a build up of fluff and dust. The fan tries to spin to cool down the heatsink but as it is clogged it spins and spins - hence the boeing effect. The solution is to open the laptop clean the build up , re-paste the cpu\heatsink, and the problem should be solved. As for the battery there is a well known website that sells batteries and chargers, but I am unsure as to posting the link here, in case I upset the T&C of Boards.ie.......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

hi im in need of a bit of help the right sided hinge just went in my toshiba laptop , Been noising for a while when i was closing but thought noting of it ...Is there any where that'd be able to repair it for me ... ???

Like the computer itself is working perfect ...just the bloody hinge is gone so can't close it properly anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭daveob007

there is a place at singland motors on the dublin rd,irish owner got a new screen for 100 euro.

Advertisement