Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox 250GB console, Halo 4 & 12 months live sub for under €200

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Have my tracking number, Amazon is showing it as dispatched and dues for delivery tomorrow but no results on the An Post website!

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭markad1

I've never seen tracking numbers updated when it hits AnPost. It will show delivered after you receive it. Useless.

Still no updates on the tracking number.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

HMV are doing this exact same deal for €209 in-store if you missed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭SK1979

HMV in blanch doesn't have that offer on anyway. Just checked. :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

Any other places offering the deal like hmv had?.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭freebee23

ShaneU wrote: »
    HMV are doing this exact same deal for €209 in-store if you missed out.

Which HMV did you see this in.

Cheers,
    Freebee23

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭freebee23

sugarman wrote: »
    Could also chance student discount @ 10% if you have a card too!

Hi Sugarman,
    Do HMV still do student discounts. Saw an ad back in the summer for HMV and student discounts but when I checked with my local HMV store they knew nothing about it. Has this changed. Would go great with the offer mentioned above.

Cheers,
    Freebee23

Anyone else not received their Amazon box yet? They say it was dispatched to An Post, who in turn say they never got it!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭elsparko

@Rowley,

I'd say An Post have it for sure. They're a useless shower. about 2 months ago i spent a couple of hundred euro on records, dispatched from Germany by Deutsche Post with a tracking number. an post were supposed to accept the parcel in Dublin and amend the tracking number. needless to say, the trail ended in Koln when the parcel left Germany. an post swore blind that the item was never received and advised me to take legal action against the sender and to request an enquiry with Deutsche post.

about 3 weeks later the parcel arrived. was left at my door. it was registered and was supposed to be signed for but no one ever asked me to sign for it, and to this day, the tracking number still says it left Koln, but there is absolutely no record of it with an post. i even rang them a few weeks later to check it and played dumb, and they still maintain they never received it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭JHet

MODS: This thread really should be marked as EXPIRED

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Received mine today-wahoo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ozmo

I have the same problem. I never got the stupid red ring of death. Waiting for it to pack up so i can get the new one.:rolleyes:

If you are on standard composite (yellow cable+ 2 wire audio) - look out for a component cable (3 wire signal + 2 wire audio) cable - big difference.

Some even say the colours are nicer on composite than hdmi.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 19,081 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

mine says they received it in the parcel depot this morning and it's "on route to customer" but the post has already come today, no chance of them doing a private style delivery no?

EDIT: 2 minutes later and they do :)

Liam O wrote: »
    mine says they received it in the parcel depot this morning and it's "on route to customer" but the post has already come today, no chance of them doing a private style delivery no?

EDIT: 2 minutes later and they do :)

Did your tracking number work on AnPost.ie up to now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭Julez

Did your tracking number work on AnPost.ie up to now?

What comes up when you select 'track package' from your amazon account dashboard?

Julez wrote: »
    What comes up when you select 'track package' from your amazon account dashboard?

"Order has been handed over to the carrier and is in transit" since last Tuesday.

An Post deny all knowledge of it. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,081 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Yeah mine worked on the An Post website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭Julez

"Order has been handed over to the carrier and is in transit" since last Tuesday.

An Post deny all knowledge of it. :confused:

Very strange, it sounds like an An Post issue alright, they really don't have a clue at times, i will pobably arive in a couple of weks out of no where. Have you contacted Amazon and asked how you should proceed?

Julez wrote: »
    Very strange, it sounds like an An Post issue alright, they really don't have a clue at times, i will pobably arive in a couple of weks out of no where. Have you contacted Amazon and asked how you should proceed?

Yup, I have to sit tight until Dec 1st. They give a maximum amount of time for An Post to deliver before they will chase it. An Post just flat out refused to do anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭elsparko

amazon are usually really cool about the balls ups that an post constantly make. id say theyre pretty used to it now at this stage.

at the same time, id say youll be in a situation like me, and it will arrive at your door yet an post will continue to deny its existence

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Notch000

I just got a mail saying there was a delivery failure and the item has been returned to amazon. It is not possible to redeliver, nad such an order needs to be reordered again if they are still wanted.

There was no tracking number and no delivery or notification of such from anpost.............................................................................

EditAmazon said i can reorder and request a refund for the differecne in prices

Advertisement